seven

there's something relaxing about libraries. the number of different novels, the way the pages feel under jeongguk's fingertips, and the smell of old books.

university libraries, unlike popular belief, is far from quiet compared to your local buildings. they are filled with stressed students cramming in for their finals and laughter booming from underclassmen that just stopped caring, not yet understanding how the grading systems for college works yet.

he is currently painting a picture for his art course. the lesson for this week was to use watercolor for a type of scenery. everyone is doing sunsets and normally jeongguk doesn't fall under the 'everyone' spectrum, but for this project he really doesn't seem to care.

he just wants a good grade, man. that's why this is his third try on it since he can't get this damn coloring right. he is trying to make pink from scratch, but somehow brown shows up.

how the fuck does brown appear when you're trying to make pink?

jeongguk groans, running his fingers through his hair, and he can honestly say that he's terrified to let this brush hit the paper. he doesn't want to do this again.

that's why it's a miracle when someone wraps their slim arms around a distressed jeon jeongguk. he tries to smile upon knowing who the owner of said arms is, but it doesn't reach his eyes. he's so tired.

"what's the matter, gukkie?" taehyung says next to his ear, still latched to him.

jeongguk places his hand on the blonde's arm, only meaning to show his appreciation silently for being so damn good all the time. he sighs, "i can't make pink."

taehyung glances over at where his friend had been mixing different colors together, "you know you can't make pink with purple and red right?"

a pause. "yeah," a beat. "of course i knew that."

the blonde unlocks his hands from his friend, much to jeongguk's dismay, and sits in the chair closest to the black haired. this is jeongguk's first time seeing taehyung today so he finally has a good look at what he was wearing: a small white shirt, high waisted blue jeans, and a yellow oversized something (?). jeongguk doesn't know what the fuck it is. he just knows it swallows taehyung whole and it's cute.

taehyung fiddles with the paintbrush and glances over to his friend who had been staring fairly obviously

taehyung fiddles with the paintbrush and glances over to his friend who had been staring fairly obviously. jeongguk, upon realizing he's been caught, attempts at saving himself by coughing a little and shooting his eyes to ponder at the light fixtures.

they are so bright. so much so that the yellow of taehyung's whatever the fuck it is just makes his golden skin just that much more gold.

"you know," the blonde starts. he has decided it best to put his friend out of his misery (about what, he has no idea but the boy looks uncomfortable as fuck right now). "your best friend is an art major."

"i thought jimin was a psych major?"

taehyung shoves jeongguk playfully, "you're an asshole!"

jeongguk swoons over at him dramatically. "you love me. you absolutely adore the ground i walk on. you thank the gods every day for someone as fine as me to bless your presence."

the curly haired boy rolls his eyes, but decides to not engage him with any other form of reaction. he instead slips off his yellow knitted jacket sweater concoction, and puts red and white paint on a spare paper plate.

he mixes the two colors patiently until he gets a pretty pink color that he finds would fit perfectly in a sunset. he doesn't notice throughout doing this that jeongguk was back to gazing adoringly at the curly haired boy.

the concentration on his friend's face is relaxed, trained like he's done this a million times before. as an art major, he probably has plus he figures everyone except him was aware on how to make the color pink.

the tip of taehyung's tongue peeks out through soft lips as he strategically places his finished product on the blank piece of paper. he should probably stop the blonde from continuing on what was supposed to be his project, but he doesn't have the heart. he will probably make another and keep this one for himself.

because, you know. reasons.

jeongguk slips his phone out of his pocket and snaps a quick picture of the cute sighting before him, but unfortunately for him the sound was on meaning taehyung caught him in the act.

the boy wiggles his eyebrows at the black haired. he sets down the paintbrush momentarily and scoots closer to jeongguk, "you taking pictures of me?"

jeongguk blushes but tries to hide it by ducking his head down as he stares holes into his phone. he doesn't respond which is a response all in itself.

taehyung laughs at the boy. "i'm going to be disappointed if you don't make that your lock screen."

the younger looks up at his friend at that. "are you serious?"

a nod.

before jeongguk can say anymore, he gets distracted once again by the blonde going back to painting peacefully in front of him. he puts his head in the palm of his hand as he watches the brushstrokes creating a beautiful picture of a vibrant sky.

"it's pretty, hyung."

he supposes it's probably best if the fact that he was mainly talking about taehyung — the painting is absolutely gorgeous, too — instead of the piece remains secret.

__________

later that week, jeongguk and taehyung are sitting out in the park and a monarch butterfly lands on a sunflower nearest to them. the younger rushes to pull his camera out and snap a picture of the pretty insect.

the blonde looks at the picture after jeongguk finally took one that he seemed to be pleased with. he squeals at it, scaring off the monarch, and taps through all the other pictures his friend has taken recently. he sees a few of himself which makes the black haired tense a little, but taehyung just finds it flattering.

"these are really good, gukkie." taehyung says after a while. "what draws you to taking all these? they look like you put a lot of effort into them."

jeongguk shrugs, taking his camera back. "i just like taking a picture of pretty things."

the curly haired can feel his heart beat a few times faster after hearing that. after all, most of his camera roll is him.

__________

__________

the not knowing what taehyung was wearing joke made me laugh too much i'm so dumb

okay but i hope you enjoyed this chapter it was a lot softer than i had intended it to be