Chapter 1-Survived

Start from the beginning

I snap awake from my light sleep as my phone beeps informing me of a text message. I have my earbuds on as I'm listening to some calm music that helps me sleep, and the pause and message beep wakes me up. The music doesn't do any magic though, I still sometimes sleep restlessly and have the nightmare, like just now. Although it wasn't just a nightmare, that was an evening that really has happened in my life when I was a kid.

Later in life, I have learned that right that feeling and sight have been one of the worst ones in my life. It has given me scars that won't fade no matter what, traumas that I have to learn to face and deal with and overcome, nightmares that are still haunting me sometimes.

Currently, I'm laying on the ground looking up to the sky for a moment to calm down after the nightmare, in a meadow near our home. I love to be outdoors, spending time out most of the day ever since I remember...except for winter, then I can't be as much.

Our home. What do I consider our home, including mine, since my first home burned down and I lost my family?

A month or so later, after I was almost thrown out of my first home in flames that burned down and left alone, partly my own fault as I had escaped the situation, I met my Daddy and Papa, Dan and Jared Meguyer for the first time. I was watching from my hiding place as I often watched people in the park then, they were having a picnic. Two boys being so close and affectionate was odd to me to see, but then they kissed and I figured they were a couple. I had never seen a gay couple before, only girls and boys, but it was okay.

They looked very happy. Daddy was in a wheelchair then, and when I noticed they left the picnic blanket to go for a while, I took my chance. I was starved, I didn't remember when exactly I had ate the last time. As they were a little distance away, I ran to their blanket and grabbed a few sandwiches that were quick to take. But running off, I stumbled on a rock or something and with a pathetic yelp exposed myself.

But, Daddy became already then a special person in my life. He gave me their entire picnic basket, which to me lasted for days. I was very grateful, and when I met them again, I thanked them as I couldn't the first time. I have Papa a hug though, although he scared me at first but he was the easiest as he was standing.

The next time I met them in the park, Daddy talked and even I talked some more and I admitted, because he asked, that I was homeless and they took me where they lived back then. They were and are good people, both of them even if I stayed with Daddy more as he was nicer. Daddy had also lost family, his parents and little sister, in a car accident but he had been left with his brother and friends of Uncle Aldo.

Aunt Margery forced me to take a bath, and as I wasn't brave enough to tell why I hated it and I wasn't strong enough to get out, I went through with it. I cried, and splashed this time to get out as I was terrified of the water because it reminded me of that evening and of my Mummy, but Aunt Margery was a nice person too and I survived. Again. Even if she was well older than for example Uncle Aldo and Aunt Ze, she wasn't old enough in my eyes to be a grandma, so I call her Aunt too. They gave me a mattress to sleep on in the living room, and I was scared with new people and new place but I stayed, that was better than outdoors and I liked Daddy. I was still a wild boy, went outdoors as if I lived there, it wasn't easy to get used to the fact that I had again a place to stay.

As Papa had proposed to Daddy on Daddy's eighteenth birthday, they asked some police people and me to adopt me. I didn't think I could ever call them family, no matter how much I liked Daddy, but they wanted to take care of me so I wanted to stay with them. I didn't want to end up with just anybody, not all people are nice, that was why I escaped from my first home before they would find me alone. About a year later, when Daddy and Papa graduated from their school, they soon traveled in the summer to visit America, Midland where Daddy's grandma and father's family came from and lived, and took me with them. That was so exciting to me, although also honestly terrifying, but I trusted them. Airplanes still frighten me.