"She has gone out since early morning Sr. She hasn't been back yet." The maid informed him and he tilted his head in wonder for a moment, before dismissing the maid and stepping down the stairs.

Where could she have gone so early?

He had thought as he entered the room where the dining table was, his parents already present in their seats.

"Good morning, Father. Mother." He greeted them with a bow and his mother flashed him a bright smile happy to see him.

"Good morning son. How was your sleep?" She questioned him as he was taking his seat.

"I didn't had much time to sleep. I guess I will make some time to rest a little through the day." Taeyong answered her considering that he had slept only two hours as he got late after the meeting with his new employee.

"Did Y/N tired you that much?" His father joked, a joke that wasn't funny nor for him nor for his mother that knew well that they were sleeping in separate bedrooms.

"They are young, don't tease him dear." His mother smiled as she responded to her husband then threw her eyes at him, now the awkwardness making its way to the atmosphere.

"Let's eat. I have to go to work soon." He said in an attempt to change the subject that had actually made him lost his appetite.

---change of set---

You looked at the grave stone that was before your feet, the way you had been looking at it for almost an hour now. Silently and in pain.

The white roses that you had placed standing out from the other two bouquets that you had found there that were a little withered indicating that they weren't fresh and as thus that meant that you were the first one to have visit her for today.

You knew well that your flowers would be thrown away after the next visitor comes but you still wanted to bring her something, even though it wasn't going to last long.

What meaning did flowers had at this point anyways? She was not gonna hold them. She was not going to smile and get excited at the view of her favorite flowers. She was gone.

"I will come visit you again when I find the time. I promise you." You spoke forcing yourself to smile before turning around and making some steps away from her.

Away from the only person you needed the most in this difficult times but you couldn't have her. Your best friend could not stay and listen to your ranting and winning anymore. She couldn't make you feel better by hugging you and telling you that everything would be alright. She was no more and as thus you definitely weren't alright.

---Time skip---

You heard a knock on the door that made you turn your head immediately.

"Am i interrupting?" Taeyong asked before making another step to enter the work room you were in, seated on the floor between canvases and brushes and buckets of colors.

"I didn't knew you had returned." You told him gesturing with your hand for him to enter as you returned your gaze at the canvas before you that was still untouched.

"Struggling?" He asked once he saw that you had draw nothing on it yet and you took your sweet time before you give him an answer, however he waited patiently for you to respond.

"I was never good at drawing or painting, i just wanted to try out a new hobby." You had selected your words carefully not wanting to reveal to him much about this choice of yours.

Your best friend was the one that was good at drawing, she was an artist. She would let her soul free on the paper creating things that never failed to win your heart.

You don't even know why you had went and bought all this equipment after her death. You suppose you just wanted to feel closer to her. In a way to bring her back to your life.

"Since you are just wasting time, do you mind following me till the living room. We have a guest." TaeYong's words had striked a nerve inside you as the way he had chosen his words had somehow offended you.

Waste of time!! How was your miserable state just a waste of time?!

" Sure. "You got up and speed walking out of the room, leaving him behind.

If you would stay longer and he was to say something more you might have dropped this calm persona of yours. Today you were really not in your best days. Your patience was running out even though nothing had really happened.

But maybe that exactly was the problem. The monotony of it all. The nothing that everyone considered fine but it was suffocating you minute by minute.

"Who is the guest you mentioned? Someone important?" You asked as you halted waiting for him to reach to your side, before entering the living room.

"He sure is important to me." He responded, placing his hand on your back, pushing you a little to walk ahead.

"Jimin, i hope i didn't let you wait for long my friend." TaeYong spoke to the man that was seated at the couch, waiting, his back facing you.

"Not at all. I am glad to see you are doing well." The unknown to you guy that you had just heard his name for the first time, responded, getting up from his seat and shaking your husband's hand before giving him a quick hug.

He then turned your way and his eyes seemed to freeze once they fell on you the same way yours did once you saw his face.

It was like time had stopped and you were both left in shock, staring at each other, each for a different reason.

"This is my wife, Y/N. Y/N this is Jimin, an old friend whom i own my life too." You both almost didn't paid attention to TaeYong's introduction, still scanning his face in disbelief.

He looked the same. Just like the ruff drawing of the guy that your best friend had showed you a year or so ago.

Was he the merman? As your friend had named the drawing of this captivating boy that had looked so good that day that had made her sketch him to capture his beauty?

A sketch that you had fallen in love with.

"Oh, your wife. It is nice to meet you miss." Jimin snapped out of his trail, a smile instantly forming on his lips as he reached out his hand and you still in a daze, reached out yours, only for him to take it in his hand.

His touch so gently. So soft.

His lips came in contact with your skin making a shiver run down your spine, the sensation something you couldn't really describe.

He straightened himself up again, his eyes turning to small crescent moons as he smiled widely, hiding his worrying thoughts that were running wild on his head.

She is the target. She is the woman Manuel asked of me to take care of.
Just what is going on?!

---To be continued.....