In A Different Point of View

A/N: an entirely new chapter! it only took 3 or 4 years!

G's Perspective:

You had left in an awful rush once Mettaton offered you a job. It made little sense to him why you would want to work for someone like Mettaton, but then again he also knew how antsy you were to start working again. So he's happy for you, and only a little embarrassed from the kiss you gave him on your way out.

The first hour that you're gone goes by uneventfully since the skeleton really has nothing to do since you're gone. Without thinking much about it he gives Papyrus a call, and as always his brother answers within the first few rings. What a charmer.

"G! HELLO! TO WHAT DO I OWE THE PLEASURE?" His brother's voice screams through the speaker, making G smile lightly. He rests on the couch, stretching his bones with a hum.

"your b-f took ____ on a dinner date so i don't have much to do. you wanna come over and do something cool?"

"IT'S BOYFRIEND! NOT BE-F!" Papyrus screeches.

"oops. sorry."

"YOU DON'T SOUND SORRY!"

"sorry."

"WHATEVER!" G can hear Papyrus clear his non-existent throat from across the line and huff. "I WOULD LOVE TO HANG OUT WITH YOU! BUT THERE'S A SMALL PROBLEM."

"yeah?" The skeleton sits up a little straighter.

"...IT'S THURSDAY."

"thursday?" G scratches his chin, an old habit, as he ponders. "what's that got to-" and then it sinks in. "oooooh. you're watching the kid."

"EXACTLY!"

"well, i'm sure if you told tori, you could watch frisk over here. i miss the human, haven't seen em in a bit."

"FRISK SAYS THEY MISS YOU TOO!"

"am i on speaker phone?"

"...MAYBE. BUT I KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE THAT SO I WAITED UNTIL I KNEW THIS CONVERSATION WASN'T GOING TO BE A BROODING, ANGSTY ONE."

"wow, thanks."

"YOU'RE VERY WELCOME!"

The conversation soon came to an end, with the good news that both Papyrus and Frisk would be coming over shortly. G supposed he should clean up for his guests, but eh. The house was clean enough.

---

The night began innocently enough, as G expected. Papyrus brought video games and comics to pass the time, while Frisk brought some snacks that Tori gave them permission to grab from the cupboards. There were, unsurprisingly, a lot of sugary foods. G had a suspicion that Toriel didn't allow all the foods they brought, but he wasn't one to tattle.

"OH, BROTHER," Papyrus had announced when he barged through the front door. "IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG!" G was brought into a large embrace from the taller skeleton, being swung to and fro.

"not that long..." Once he was set onto the ground, he gave a wave to the child putting the snacks on the kitchen table. "heyo, frisk. what'd you get?" G walked to the table and nodded at the selection, picking up a box of chocolate biscuits. "oh, frisk-its. my favorite."

The other skeleton scowled, taking the box away from G with an unamused look while Frisk giggled. G smiled, kneeling down and giving the kid a light hug. "how things been in royal town? you must be loving the 8 o'clock bedtime, nerd."

This earned G a lot of defensive language from Frisk along with some insults of their own, making him laugh wholeheartedly at the kid's attempt to be mean.