Officially Buddies

You were up before G's annoying alarm went off this morning. You got up around 4:30, actually, and you rushed around the house. You put toast in the toaster, took a shower, put on your uniform, then picked up your burnt toast, all before G was even up as you ran for the door and slammed it shut behind you.

You ran for the bus, taking out your money as you tried to eat at the same time. Getting out the quarters, you dropped a bill. You cursed loudly, going back to grab it and then immediately run back.

You saw your bus at the stop and choked on the bread. You spit it out (goodbye, breakfast), and waved your hands in the air frantically. Thankfully they waited and allowed you to catch your breath before paying for your ticket and sitting down. The bus was pretty empty, which made sense for how early it was. You looked at your phone. 4:50.

It took an hour before it was your stop, like always. You thanked the driver and skurried out of the vehicle, then rushed for the house up ahead.

It was a big house, colored yellow and white. The building was 3 stories, belonging to a couple with 2 children. You silently unlocked the house and stepped in, removing your shoes and putting on the slippers that was laid out for guests. You took a deep breath before you went for the living room, starting to work.

---

Being a maid was alright in it's own way, but it wasn't the best job to have. Once the children awoke and saw you, they started to scream and cry, like always. You knew it was just to get on your nerves or to get you in trouble. You had to push them out of the door and manhandle them to the bus stop every morning you came by to clean their house, and it was tiring. You used to wonder why on earth a house would need professional cleaning once every week, but when you met the children you understood.

It was the end of the day now, and you were putting away your cleaning supplies when you heard the door to the house open and shut. You got up from the closet and wandered over, seeing the man of the house. Your chest tightened and belly churned in disgust, but kept it to yourself.

"Mr.Slater, sir," You greeted the man. He smiled at you, making you frown.

"Ah, ___, dear. How were the kids today?"

"Troublesome, as always. The house is cleaned and everything put back where it belongs, sir." You tried to calm your nerves. "How was your day?"

Mr.Slater took his shoes off and sighed. "Horrible, dear." You winced. Just your luck.

"That's awful to hear, sir. Still, I wish to inform you-"

"You know, I really need a tension release. Something to get .. my mind off things." Mr.Slater walked up to you, too close to comfort, and you gave an uneasy smile. You took a step back, taking a folded piece of paper out of your apron pocket.

"I'm quitting my job, Mr.Slater. I no longer am in need of your money, and I am giving you my weeks notice and letter of Resignation." You shoved the paper in his hands while he was in shock, and tried to move past him to put on your shoes. "I thank you for letting me work here, but it's no longer-"

You heard a loud rip and you turned back. The man was red faced and had your torn letter in his hands, then dropped it to the floor. You twitched, figuring this would happen. "I refuse your resignation." He told you, his voice loud and echoing in the empty house.

"Even if you refuse sir, I have given you my notice and I will not show up for work. If you want work done, hire someone else because I will not be here next week or the week after that." You went down to pick up your shoes before you felt a tug on the back of your uniform. You yelped as you were suddenly up on your feet in front of the man. You tugged at his hand before he hit you across the face, hard enough it sent you towards the floor.