You've Been Warned

Chapter Text

You were at Grillby's again.

After the whole 'stalker' incident, you made it a personal mission of yours to go down again and return the umbrella to Grillby, along with saying thanks. So you had walked all the way down to his bar to do this, but only when you sat down at the bar stool did you realize.

You forgot the damned umbrella.

Right as you were contemplating going back or not or possibly hiding forever, Grillby had wandered out of the back room.

You ducked.

Hiding under the bar, you started to wonder just why you were hiding. Humiliation? Probably. You heard Grillby's footsteps stop around where your at. You're fine. He's probably just washing dishes. You're fine.

Fire is suddenly all around you and you scream, hitting your head on the counter before shuffling away and lying on the floor. Horrified, you looked up to see Grillby crackling out a soft laughter. So that's how it was going to be, huh? You glared, and got up from your spot, rubbing your head. You hated how clean the floors were, it would have made you feel better if they weren't.

"I cannot believe you, I thought I was going to die." Walking up to the bar, you placed your hands on top and lifted yourself up. It was actually quite easy to swing up and over to the other side. Grillby gave you a curious look. Nothing needed to be said. Simply just: you were not supposed to be over here so what the hell were you doing.

The fire elemental didn't do anything to stop you, though. You decided you were just way too charming to resist.

"What's cooking, good looking?" You smirked, resting your arm on the bar as you took a dish and started to scrub like you worked there. Grillby took the plate away from you, making you pout as he put it away (a little farther away).

"Where's the umbrella?" God dammit.

"I didn't bring it, of course." You winked. "If I did I wouldn't have any reason to see you."

"So what's your reason today?" He mused, grabbing a rag and starting to wipe the counters, unfazed by your flirting. You guessed bartenders get used to it at one point. You were still a little disappointed.

"To thank you for walking me home." You wandered around the small area that was the bar. While Grillby was distracted, you swiped a fry that was waiting to be served before picking it up. "Order for fries, come and get it, I just got here." You called out, holding it high up. A dog paw was raised from a booth table and you jumped over the counter again, quickly giving the man his order. "Thank you for waiting. I hope it wasn't too paw-ful." The dog barked (pun intended) at your joke as you walked back to the counter, about to jump again when Grillby blocked your way.

"What are you doing?" His fingers tapped on the wood. You shrugged.

"I don't know. I just wanted to hang out with you. And it's not like a helping hand hurt anyone." You kicked at the ground, pouting again. "Sorry."

"Well, get over here then." Looking up, Grillby was out of your way, patiently waiting for you to come over. You grinned big, sliding over and giving him a hug. His fires burned a little brighter as he returned the gesture. Cute.

---

"-so I fell into the bathtub. It was awkward but in the end we just ended up laughing. Well, that wasn't the end. The end was G shoving me out of the tub and splashing me until I got out. Still pretty fun, though."

"You are just full of adventures, aren't you?" Your new friend chuckled. You smiled, taking an order from a little family that just came in and giving it to Grillby. He nodded and headed for the back room before quickly coming out.

"Yeah, I suppose so." You agreed, and the door to the bar opened. You made a habit from the past few hours to welcome them, so you quickly turned around. "Heyo, welcome to Grillbys!" You shouted at the ..monster? You couldn't tell. They were covered with a dark blue robe, a shadow cast over their face as they walked over and sat at the bar stool in front of you. You gave a friendly smile. "What can I get for you?"

The person was silent, not answering. You frowned a little, putting your pen back in your pocket. "Alright, call me when you're read-"

"Beware," they started, stopping you in your tracks.

"Excuse me?"

"Beware the fake man who wears a scarred mask. Beware the fake man who wears the holes in his hands." Was this... a joke? A riddle? You didn't get it, and you didn't know if you wanted to. "Scars that aren't his, hands that aren't his. They belong to only one, one who has been through the same but is close to insane."

"Gaster."

"Gaster."

"Gaster."

---

You walked home with a heavy heart that night. You left not soon after the cloaked person had somehow warned you about your friend. Your head was confused and tired, so you tried not to think about it too much as you walked inside your home.

Music filled your ears instantly. A beautiful guitar strum, softly playing in the house. Quickly you walked over to G's room, placing an ear on his door.

Just like you thought, he was playing the guitar. You had seen the instrument in his closet before, but it was out of tune and looked dusty, like it hadn't been touched in ages, but now it was in G's arms and playing a beautiful tune. You slowly sat down in front of the door, leaning against the wood as you listened.

Then, the skeleton started to sing, and your heart thumped. You always loved it when G sang, but you would never tell him that. You were jealous of how wonderfully he could sing, how naturally it came. Even if you were jealous you wished he would do it more often. The music that he made, it was just too beautiful to keep to himself, you thought. Maybe that was selfish? You shook your head, closing your eyes. You'd yourself enjoy this while you could.

It didn't take long until your body slumped, and your consciousness slipped away as you slept to his music.

---

Again, you were in a white void. You were wearing your clothes, this time, and could move. Slowly you took a step out, looking down to the white. It just seemed to go on forever, and you wondered what you were even walking on.

It was only a few steps when you found the same heart from before. It still glowed a beautiful blue and yellow. You reached out for it, but it moved away from your fingers. Putting your arm back to your side, you eyed the heart right next to it.

It was a white color, shining and outlined with black that seemed to seep and swirl around in wisps. It almost looked like smoke as it drifted around the heart so easily.

Your chest ached as you stared at them. You felt strange, like you were looking at something extremely private. Still you yearned for the contact of them. Reaching out again, you gasped as the hearts disappeared completely.

A voice talked right in your ear, sending shivers down your spine and a crawling feeling on your back.

"don't test waters you can't swim in, kid."

You were blinded by blue.