Shopping Incidents and Not So Innocent Questions

Chapter Text

"sweetheart, please..."

"No."

"i have to get up eventually. so do you."

"We'll get there when we get there."

"we're there because i want food."

You had been very clingy this morning, putting it lightly. You had absolutely refused to let go of G in the tiniest way. G sighed as he felt you cling onto him tighter. "are we really going to do this." It wasn't really a question. You nodded in response, trying to get comfortable again.

With a heavy sigh and you on his chest, G managed to heave himself up and off the bed with you sticking to him like a koala. You'd let go at some point, he knew.

Oh, no, no he didn't.

Brushing his teeth? No go. Trying to get in a shower? Fruitless. Making breakfast? Still refused to let go and now it was twice as hard trying not to burn the house down. Even when he wanted to get dressed you simply replied that you both already were dressed. It was below his morals but the skeleton guessed you were right.

It was hard for you not to be right with you sticking to him like glue.

---

Somehow, somehow G had managed to convince you to get off of him when his bones started to ache and he was getting weird looks on the sidewalk. You argued but didn't fight when he set you back on the ground.

"What do you want in the house, doll?" He sighed, tugging you forward as you lagged behind again. You hadn't woken up today at all and were practically a zombie following after him in the store. You heavily shrugged your shoulders and groaned like that was the hardest thing to do. G rolled his eyes as he head into the dairy isle.

"Excuse me, sir." A young woman came up to the skeleton, much to his surprise. G stood up straight to give her attention as she jittered in her spot. "I, well, I know this is super rude of me to ask. B-but I was wondering if maybe... I could get a.. Or if you wouldn't mind if I... took a picture of you and your girlfriend?"

G's eyebrows raised up considerably. He almost laughed as he looked back at you. You weren't even paying attention, just stumbling around and jerking back when your entwined hands with G would restrict you going too far. You were like a little kid.

The monster knew he should correct the woman, but... "what'ya need it for, exactly?" He found himself asking instead.

"M-my blog to raise the acceptance of monster/human relationships!" She seemed proud of herself and G would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed. It took a lot of guts to go and do something like that, and so openly too. G looked back at you again.

He really, really shouldn't. He should just correct the girl and be on his way. That was most appropriate, the right thing to do.

"i," G started, and stopped. He was conflicted, that was for sure. But... over what? "i'm sorry. we don't want anything getting out on media yet. it's... complicated." The girl nodded in understanding and G cringed. She quickly wished luck in the relationship, smiling and going on her way after. It was horribly selfish, he knew. But for a moment, he felt..

"c'mon, darl, we need milk." Nevermind.

---

"Please, please G. G I need it."

"alright, i'll entertain you." G smirked, heading into the large tent with you scrambling forward. You quickly went for the big glass box in the corner, pointing inside.

"That one. Get it for me." You were pointing at the large dragon inside, colored blue, yellow and orange. He shook his head, putting quarters in the machine and staring at the stuffed toy inside.

"ya know these things are rigged right? so what do ya do when somethings cheating you out?" He set the claw right above the animal, not surprised when the machine lifted it by two inches and then the dragon was about to fall. You looked disappointed before a yellow aura surrounded it, keeping the item in the claw and letting it be dragged to the prize slot. "you cheat it back."

Taking the dragon out of G's hands, you looked facisnated by him. He smiled at how you squeezed it against you and hid your face there. You were really, really out of it today and tired. But seeing you get so easily flustered made G not mind as much as he originally thought. "want some icecream?"

You nodded quickly, turning on your heel and running for the treat shop he was eyeing. By the time he caught up to you, you were pulling out your wallet as the man held the cold treat in his hands.

"no, no, doll. too much too quick. take the stuff, i'm paying." G put his hands over yours, making you freeze. You looked up at him, unsure.

"You really want to?" He nodded, taking his wallet and giving the parlor a five bill quickly. Taking the ice cream the two of you set off again. As you ate, something clicked in your head as you looked at your joined hands. You laughed loudly, making G look at you with a raised brow.

"what's tickling your funny bone, sweetheart?" You took a big lick of your treat, smiling wide and shrugging.

"This is kinda like a date, isn't it?"

He didn't answer.

---

"Barb deserved more." You scoffed, turning the television off and G snickered.

"you're still mad about that?"

"YOU ARENT? SHE WAS SO PURE, G, AND SHE JUST--" you threw your head back in frustration. Your legs were on top of G's lap and your head stuffed inside a pillow as you groaned. A skeletal hand rubbed at your calf.

"youre alright, sweetheart."

"No I'm not. Leave me to die."

"hmm, no can do. i wouldn't have anywhere to live." G hummed, smirking still as you threw the pillow down. It was silent for a second.

"If I died, what would you do?" You blurted out, sitting up as your legs stayed draped on his lap.

"that's kind of a deep question." You nodded, waiting for his answer. G shrugged in response. "i don't know, hon. but spare me from finding out, alright?"

"That sounds fair." You didn't even bother to notice as his white pinpricks left his sockets. You laid back down, and that was the last you opened your mouth for the rest of the night.

It put him on edge, if G was honest. Never had you been so quiet.