Patience and Justice

You came home today with a heavy heart.

Your work had called you up to the building, something unusual for an editor like you. You went hoping for something good, but that didn't really happen.

You got fired.

After that horrible news, you missed your bus and had to walk home. Which would have been fine if it wasn't for your lovely stalker. He had been following you for weeks now and you really didn't know what to do anymore. He never got too close which you supposed was good but he still creeped you out. You really didn't know what you did to deserve this. You had called the police but since you had no information on him, they couldn't help you very much.

So when you got home you were really wanting one of G's home cooked meals to cheer you up (and maybe him to beat up your stalker), but when you entered the kitchen there was a simple sticky note saying:

staying at paps tonight for some celebration. buy yourself some pizza, I'll get home rly late.

Just how late is late? You sighed, slumping over to the couch. You called for Baba but the dog didn't come. That pretty much adds to your bad day, you could have used the cuddles. Deciding that you were done with the disappointments of the day, you took a nap on the couch.

When your body decided it hated you and wouldn't let you rest, you put on Netflix to watch something.

Nothing good, like always.

"No, no, no no no!" You yelled, falling over to the floor. "Today sucks, today sucks!"

Today sucks.

---

You startled awake when you heard the door creak open. Quickly you got off the floor and loomed over the couch, seeing your favorite skeleton trying to be quiet. "G!" You called. His skull snapped over to you in surprise of being caught, and your eyes began to water as you made grabby hands. "Geee..."

"oh, sweetheart." He sighed, walking over to you and picking you up in his arms. You hung there in midair as you wrapped your hands around his neck. "what's wrong?"

"I'm happy you're hooome. Make me dinner and never leave again because bad things happen when you doooo." You whined, nuzzling into his vertebrae. It pressed hard on your cheek and nose but you didn't care. He chuckled and set you back on the couch, laying you down. The skeleton started to escape your grasp when you desperately tugged on his sweater. "Where are you going?"

"just going to cook something. stay here." His skeletal hands tugged your hands away, a soft smile on his face as he walked for the kitchen. "what would you do without me?"

"Rot and die of starvation and stress. You are the light of my life G."

"do you have any friends?" He asked, bringing out some pans. You thought back, way way back to answer the question. Waaay back.

"Well, I do have some, but they're all out of state. We should have a reunion soon. I have so much free time now."

"since when?"

"Oh, since today. I got fired." You rolled over on your side, not seeing as G jumped out of the kitchen.

"what? why?" You shrugged, snuggling into the throw pillow. You have so many memories with this pillow. So many emotions have been stored in this pillow. You loved this pillow. Pillow.

"I dunno. I thought I was doing a gosh darn good job, but I guess not." You sighed. "I hate job searching."

With the pasta water warming up on the stove, G made his way over to the back of the couch. He was able to crawl over it, fitting snug right behind you. He nuzzled his nasal cavity into your shoulder, putting his arm around your waist. "i'm sorry, hun. i can help you with gettin' a job."