Dinner Date (REWRITTEN)

EDIT: The ending of this story was rewritten. Please re-read the end so future chapters make sense! 

"Please, let me in."

"no."

"G, darling, please. I only want to apologize!"

"oh, wait, really? wow, then i guess... no."

"G, who's at the door?" You walked into the living room, seeing G pressing his skeletal body against the door as someone banged from the other end. He shrugged, planting his boots harder into the ground.

"no one important." A shocked gasp came from the other side.

"No- NO ONE IMPORTANT-... G I will give you three seconds to apologize this instant."

"i don't seem to have the time to." G chuckled, and the bang on the door was starting to worry you. You still didn't have a job so lord knew that you could not afford a broken door right now. Or ever. Quickly you rushed over to his side and pushed the skeleton out of the way.

"G, be polite." You scolded him and opened the door. "I'd like to apologize for him. Are- oh. Mettaton." You perked up considerably at seeing the robot. He seemed just as surprised, but quickly composed himself.

"Darling, it's ____, right? I wanted to apolog-"

"Oh my god!" You shouted and grabbed his gloved robotic hands. Quickly you pulled him into the house. He squeaked from the sudden shove forward as you slammed the door, then pulled him to the couch. "I am <em>so</em> sorry about what happened before. I didn't mean to make such a big scene." You sat him down and scurried around. "Would you like some tea? Or... Or can you even drink tea? I, I'm sorry, maybe some food? Can robots eat? Do you want <em>oil</em>? G, do we hav-"

You stopped when Mettaton started to burst out laughing. You flushed, standing a little too straight. "W-what?" You looked over to him, seeing him just as red as you were. But uh... he was from laughing at you.

"You are too kind, darling." He shook his head and stood up, walking over to you (in a sultry way?? Is that how he walked all the time?) before placing his hands on your shoulders. "I'm the one that should be offering you tea and apologizing. What Papy and I did was out of line. I'm sorry." Slowly he rubbed circles in your shoulders with his thumbs, making you relax. "We were both unaware and oblivious to how you felt. And I couldn't feel worse about misgendering you, darling!"

"What?" You frowned. "I... I suppose. But you don't have to apologize, people mess it up all the time."

"That's no excuse!" Mettaton shook his head again, pulling you into him and walking for the door. You were fascinated on how human he felt. "Us monsters are more cautious about gender, especially me, darling. Let me take you out to further my apology."

"W-what?" You were saying that too much, weren't you? You stopped at the door. "I don't know, this is just really sudden, and.. I couldn't let you take me out."

"Darling, it's no big deal! I would be delighted if you let me. And while we are out, I could talk to you about a job opening I have...?" Mettaton smiled slyly at you and you panicked. You rushed out of his arms and grabbed your coat and shoes. He laughed again as you rushed over to G and gave him a quick hug.

"I gotta go, gotta go. Oh, it's late. Uh," You halted as you held G with one arm. "D-do you want me to get you something?"

"..no," He raised a brow at you. He looked slightly uncomfortable with Mettaton oogling at the two of you, but you didn't notice. You hugged him again, and since you were too short to reach his cheek you gave him a quick peck on his neck.