Probably Won't Be Sleeping Tonight

This, you would admit, was probably your fault.

You should have taken Papyrus's advice and gone home earlier. But the deadline for the articles was today, you couldn't stop. So you kept writing, and before you knew it, you were kicked out of Starbucks because they were closing and now you were lost.

You wouldn't say you have horrible sense of direction, but somehow the dark turned you around and you had no idea where you were. You thought you knew your neighborhood pretty well, until you found a catholic school you never even knew that existed and that's when you really got confused.

You contemplated on calling G, but he would just tease you for hours. And god, you were too tired for that. You could prove that skeleton wrong and get yourself home (he never said you couldn't, so you weren't proving anything to him, just yourself).

Buuut now you were having second thoughts on calling G because you were pretty sure someone has been following you the past few minutes. Well, you were actually certain. You had done a little twirl and dance at one point, if only to look behind you, and yes, there was someone following you.

Wonderful!

Lost, no where near an establishment, pride broken, and a stalker following you late at night. Things could not get worse than this.

It started to rain.

What was this, mockery? You laughed at yourself as you pulled your backpack closer to you, huddling your arms together for warmth (it wasn't working). You walked a little faster, taking a random turn across the street and to the right, hoping to somehow magically find somewhere familiar so you could get this creeper to bug off.

When you noticed it was fruitless and you were too deep in this jungle, you pulled out your phone and called.

No one picked up. Seriously, what the fuck? WHy? Why?

You didn't want to spend another minute with this guy watching you. So, taking a deep breath and a brash decision, you started to run.

You almost fell multiple times as you ran, since your shoes didn't have the best grip ever and the sidewalks seemed to be extra slippery from all the rain. You didn't bother to look if they were still following you or not, you just hoped they weren't and kept dashing. Pretty soon, after lots of cut corners and jaywalking, you found a local building, lights still on. You didn't bother reading the sign before you bolted inside.

The warmth caught you tenfold. It took the breath out of you from how hot it suddenly was. You dropped your bag and practically threw your soaked sweater off of you, leaving you in your yellow tee-shirt. After getting your breathing in order and stuffing your sweater in your bag, you looked at your surroundings.

It looks like you ran into a bar of some sort. Not a horrible trashed and dangerous one, this one seemed family-friendly actually. There was a fire-man behind the counter, wiping a glass and seemingly staring at you, along with a few others. You shrugged it off and headed to the bar where the elemental was, dropping your backpack on one of the stools.

Gosh golly, this guy was warm. Which... made sense. Some would relate him to a campfire, but you wouldn't. You never liked campfires. If you were seated just a little off, you'd be freezing and the fire's warmth would never touch you. If you were seated a little in, you would be sweating like a pig and surrounded by smoke. But this man, he was just the perfect temperature, and kept the whole building the same. You wondered if he could control that sort of thing? Would it be rude to ask? Probably.

"I.. sorry for asking, but could you tell me where I am? I'm completely lost." You got right to the point, sitting on a stool. The man didn't have any eyes, but you got the feeling he was surprised. You awkwardly laughed. "Uh, I have bad directions at night. I kinda just... ended up here."