Dreaming the Reality

Chapter Text

Please note the following: the author has no fucking idea what season it is or what time the characters are even in, so they decided to fuck it all and make it summer. Sorry if it doesn't make sense from past chapter details the author forgot about lmao

Aah, summer. What a wonderful, horrible time.

You whined, slowly packing your bag and having the fan on high in your room. It was a good old 97 degrees outside, even hotter inside, and you were dying. Oh, you wish you were dead. The sweat sticked to your skin and stained your clothing, making you smell funny and feel gross.

It was time to head over to your good old yearly family reunion again. It was a pain in your ass to go out and see them all every year, though. They lived horridly far away, about nine hours of driving (fuck the price of plane tickets, honestly). So this year you had managed to get your Aunt Joan to pick you up along the way. She was about a half an hour away now, and you still hadn't packed fully for the two weeks you would be gone.

So you were running like a maniac around the house, tripping every now and then from Baba barking and following you around.

"Baba, please," You begged, tugging on the sock he had in his mouth. "This isn't a game, I gotta pack! Do you want Joan to be angry at me? Is that what you want? You're as heartless as G!" That got the dog to slack his jaw, giving you the opportunity to strike. You quickly pulled and got the wet sock out of Baba's mouth and into your hand. Examining it, you cringed. You guess no one won this round, and threw the sock back on the floor.

There was an angry honking noise outside, making you yelp. "Holy shit ass." Quickly you pushed whatever you could find into your suitcase, and slipped on your flip flops. Right as you were about to exit the door you screeched to a stop on the wood floors. Turning on your heels you made a beeline for the bathroom, quickly grabbing a few pads and your toothbrush, before bolting back and shoving yourself outside, slamming the door in Baba's face as you did.

"Sorry, baby, I'll make it up to you in a few weeks!" You ran for the car, shouting to your dog before throwing the case in the backseat and sitting in the passenger. Baba was jumping at the window, pawing at it a little harshly. You waved as the car went off, telling him you loved him even when you couldn't see him anymore.

Ah, summer.

---

It was late at night when you returned, as promised, two full weeks later. The moon and stars were shining as the car pulled to a stop in your driveway. Joan pushed you awake, and you groggily picked up your belongings and barely could make out a wave as your aunt pulled out and drove away. Yawning, you patted your pockets for your keys as you headed for the door.

You dropped your pillow so you could reach the handle, unlocking the door and tapping it open as quietly as you could. It was a Wednesday and G had work the next morning, the last thing you wanted to do was disturb his sleep and ruin his job the next day. Well, today, you guessed. It was around two in the morning after all.

You kicked your pillow as you shuffled inside, not bothering to go through the struggle that would be picking it up. You closed the door silently with your foot. Placing some of your bags on the couch, you decided you would unpack in the morning.

Yawning again, you placed a hand over your mouth. God, you were tired. You should really brush your teeth, but... work. Eh. You could skip a night or two. You did have to pee though, so you headed for the bathroom anyway.

You tiptoed, like the Grinch in that one cartoon. The thought made you giggle. Right as you were about to enter the bathroom, you heard loud groaning. You turned your head curiously. From G's room? Well, your bathroom break could wait. You crept over to his door, placing an ear on it.