Old Best Friends Aren't The Best of Friends.

It's a beautiful day outside.

You skipped along the sidewalk, holding your phone in your hand as your arms swung. Not the safest thing to do, but you didn't care at the moment. You were finally going to be able to see one of your best friends after all!

Damien, a friend you had since middle school was finally visiting your city. Ever since he was a boy, he had wanted to travel around the world. So after high school he grabbed his camera and left for the sights to see. You supported him every step of the way, of course, but it still got lonely without him sometimes. Damien knew you inside and out. It was nice to be around someone like that, it was almost stress relieving. You didn't have to hide anything with him.

You quickly ran up to the park and headed for the swings. The two of you decided to meet here because of the history it had. You both grew up here, but you were the only one to stay. Whenever you guys wanted to escape or just hang out, you would meet by the swings and talk for hours on them. Now that you're back here... it's so nostalgic.

You took your seat on the bright red seat, the blue swing sitting next to you and reserved for your friend. You checked your phone quickly for any new messages on where Damien was, but there were none. Instead you checked the time, and almost spit.

You were an hour early. Were you really that excited? You laughed at yourself and decided to call G to pass the time. He was fun to bother at work. No matter how much you annoyed him or how it was a pain to have a call while he fixed cars, he never hung up.

The phone rings once, twice, three times before it's picked up.

"what's up, sweetheart?" G's gruff and tired voice comes through. You raise an eyebrow as you start swinging, thankful the swing didn't squeak.

"What's up with you? You sound horrible."

"thanks."

"No problem. Seriously though."

"just got up a little late, is all."

"How late is late?" You asked, pushing yourself higher in the air with your feet. Now that you were fully grown it wasn't as hard to touch the ground.

"mm... six thirty, i think? had to teleport right to work, and now," G let out a long yawn, then smacked his lips. He didn't even have any lips. "now... i'm here. working. i'm so tired."
"Sorry, that's probably my fault." You sighed, holding the phone tighter as you looked up at the sky. It really was a beautiful day today. The sky was clear and it wasn't too hot out. You could tell that fall was coming soon though. Leaves were changing color and the air was a little cooler than normal.

"i mean, it was," you frowned "but it's fine. all i want is for you to be safe. speaking of, where are you right now?"

"Uh.. the park."

"alone?"

"Not for long," you chirped. "I'm meeting one of my friends today. He finally decided to come into the city. I haven't seen him in forever!"

"good for you, doll." G grunted, and you heard something clang on his side of the line. "god damnit."

"Should I go?"

"only if you want to." You looked around the park. It was empty, except for a single person walking by. You dismissed them quickly and went back to your phone call.

"Nah." You slowed down your swinging. "I like lis- OH MY GoD," You screamed as two hands were suddenly on your shoulders, and you fell off the swing, onto the barkchips. "SHIT ASS, NO NO NO," Okay you practically skyrocketed off that swing and now your ass really hurt. You heard a familiar laugh behind you and you froze, not answering G's frantic worries.