Chapter 40: After Proposal

After asking Maki to marry me, we drove back to my apartment and bought pizza to celebrate our engagement. We watched a lot of movies and ate four pizzas (which we didn't finish). Now we're on the bed getting ready to sleep.

I can't go to sleep, Maki laying on bed next to me is making me nervous. "Hey, Maki-chan. Are you still awake?" I turned to her direction.

"Yeah, I can't sleep..."

"Why?" I asked.

"Why? Hmm," she turned to face me, "I wonder~"

Her face was cute, looking at her like this makes me feel numb. Her purple eyes glittering with the moonlight and her long red hair makes her look more feminine than her old self.

"Ah, (Y/N)-chan's blushing!" Maki reached her hands to my cheeks, they were warm like the blanket we're sharing.

I gripped her arms, "Your hands..."

"What is it?" Maki asked.

I didn't say a word. "Ah, we forgot to tell our parents!"

Maki moved her hands to her body, "We can just tell them tomorrow."

"Oh, yeah. You're right." I agreed, "Well, what do you think we should do with this temporary insomnia?"

"Hmm..." Maki grinned, "how about we-"

I didn't manage to hear her finish because I accidentally fell asleep.

...

The next day I woke up from a touch on my cheek and the words, "Get up, (Y/N)-chan~"

My vision was blurry and saw a figure towering above me and groaned, "M-Mom? What are you doing here?"

"Mom? It's your wife! Maki!" Maki came to focus. "Come on, breakfast  is ready."

"Good morning, Maki-chan~" I looked up at her. "And good night."

"Hey, get up already!" Maki sat on the bed next to me. "Geez..."

I opened an eye and saw Maki closing in, I shifted my head, "What are you doing?"

"Huh? N-Nothing!" Maki's face moved away in an instance.

I got up and sat with Maki next to me, gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Alright, let's have breakfast."

"Yeah!"

We went into the kitchen and had breakfast.

...

Maki and I told everyone close to us of our engagement and every one of them congratulated us with a picture saying 'Congratulations on your engagement!'. Then in the afternoon we went to have a discussion about our wedding while eating yakiniku with our parents and closest friends.

The participants for the wedding plan were me, Maki, our parents, Rin, Hanayo, Diane, Jacob who was visiting and Frank (another one of my closest friends).