Chapter 29: The Beach - part 2

"Would you be quiet!" Maki scolded me.

"Ehehe...sorry, sorry. I just thought that you looked really great in turquoise, it's pretty rare too~"

"Hmph!" Maki looked away and continued eating.

Well then, guess I'll have to wait for her, huh? I walked a bit and sat next to Maki who was chewing down some mashed potatoes. I look at my surroundings.

Jacob was still eating, but he's about to finish. So is Ashley. There are some couples having fun in the ocean...well, we can't go there yet, we still need the food to digest. On the beach, there're some girls putting on sunblock on each other...wait what!? My gaze was locked one of 'the girl pairs'.

"Where are you looking (Y/N)-chan?" Maki asked as if I did something wrong. (well you're not wrong there). I turned to face Maki.

"Eh-! N-Nothing, exactly..." I lowered my voice.

"Really? 'Cause it seemed to me that you're looking at other women."

"I-I'm being honest here! I'm not looking at anything!" Ahh, I'm scared.

Maki put down her plate and stood up, stared at me with deadly eyes. Ahh...God please save me at this point!

"You..." Maki finally spoke.

"M-M-M-Maki-sama??" I stuttered in fright of Maki's unusual dark aura.

"You...pervert!!!" just as she exclaimed that, she punched me with a force strong enough to even blow away a 200 pound man 10 metres away.

Blegh!!!

I was knocked out of my mind. Ah, I think I see my body slowly moving away from me...wait, am I gonna die!? (this is his soul moving on to the afterlife).

"H-Hey, (Y/N)?! Are you alright?!" I can hear Jacob's voice calling out to me.

"M-Maki! What do you think you're doing to your boyfriend?!" Ashley's could be heard too.

As soon as I realised it, I was back in my body safe although a little hurt in the stomach.

"I just taught him a lesson..." Maki said, "wait!"

Maki ran to my body and looked at my chest, at this point my shirt was already off (I forgot to mention in the last chapter, when he announced that he was about to build sand castle, he took off his shirt).

"I-I'm sorry, (Y/N)-chan! I didn't know what I was thinking!"

It wasn't my clearest vision, but for an instant, I caught a glimpse, a glimpse of Maki crying as she said that...I know you didn't punch me for no reason, so why are you apologising?

...

Once all senses came to me, thirty minutes have passed, I was lying down on something soft, and I could see Maki sitting, she was snoozing off. When I got up, I realized I was resting on Maki's lap.

She woke up, "Ah, I didn't mean to wake you up, Maki-chan," I smiled at her brightly.

"Good morning, (Y/N)-chan..." Maki rubbed her eyes and sat up straight.

"Hm? Maki-chan, what's wrong?"

Right after she sat up straight she looked depressed.

"U-Um..." Maki mumbled.

Hm? Did something happen?

"You're still mad about that aren't you?" she asked.

Ah, the punch is it? Well, I wasn't mad in the first place, after all I just fainted right after being punched...or rather I almost died. But I was never mad at her, it was probably me who's at fault in the first place.

"No, I'm not," I said with a stern face, not holding back any words, "why would I be mad at my girlfriend when I'm the one at fault?"

I pet her head calmly, telling her that there's nothing for her to worry about.

"B-But! I was the one who was overeacti-"

"That's enough don't you think?" I stormed at her.

Maki was surprised, this was probably the first time I stormed at her. Even if there were times that I got mad at her, it's pretty rare.

"Don't make me mad, Maki-chan."

"Even if you say that," Ah, she's crying, "Even if you say that, I can't bare the thought of hitting you. Let alone when we're already having so much fun."

I couldn't say a thing, as in this moment I can't tell what she's thinking. So I did the only thing I could think of at this moment.

I slid my hand down from her head to her arm and pulled her in for a kiss.

Her soft, delicate lips were pressing against my firm, expressive ones. I guess the kiss worked because just as soon as our lips touched, she melted into it. It was a gentle kiss, but it was also a passionate one. Our head shift from left to right, swallowing each other's saliva to keep the kiss going.

Right when I think it was a good time to end the kiss, she pushed herself towards me for a stronger, more prolonged kiss. I opened my eyes in shock as response, her face was as red as her hair, but she endured it. I know how embarrassing it is for her to do this, so in return I gave in by placing my arms around her.

"Oh~ this is quite development, huh (Y/N)?" Jacob and Ashley was watching us all along.

When we realised this matter, our lips quickly parted with both of our heads resting on each other. Though despite our lips disconnected, her body is still on top of mine. Maki looked down to hide her embarrassed face.

"Ehehe...could you guys leave us for a while?" I looked at Jacob and Ashley as they were observing us.

"Huhu, alright, we'll get out of your toes for now," Jacob said sinisterly.

Maki held on to my shoulders tightly, still looking down.

"Hey, if you don't get off of me, we won't be able to enjoy our time at the beach, you know," I told her.

"S..."

S?

"I-I want us to stay like this for a while..." she said.

"Huh? Hm...alright," I held her tightly within my grasps, "do you now know how much I love you, Maki-chan?"

"Baka, I knew how much you loved me from the beginning, I just wanted to know if you would express it so I can confirm it."

Yeah, right. You're body is not saying that, you know~

(After a while, Maki got off me)

Maki reached out her hand to carry me up, "Saa~ (Y/N)-chan, let's have some fun!"

I blush, but not intensely. I grabbed her hand and pulled myself up.

"Lets!"