Chapter 25: Shows

"I can't believe its finally here." I opened the box that was placed on the floor

"What is it?" Maki peered into the box to see it containing disc containers.

"The old shows I had back in Japan, I had my mom send them to me." I took out one  of the containers labelled 'Sword Art Online' and looked at it as nostalgic memories started flushing through my mind.

"Sword Art Online?" Maki asked curiously.

"Yeah, it's a show where over 10,000 people was transferred into a game and got stuck there, they had to beat every boss if they ever want to see the real world again." I gave the container to Maki.

"Huh...seems interesting," she said as she scanned through the whole container.

"Right? That's what I thought at first too, but until you watch the show...you'll know how crappy the show is." I told her.

"What's so bad about it? I can hardly find any flaws with such a title," Maki questioned.

"Where do I start? Oh I know, how about the fact that the main character being too overpowered."

"Too overpowered?"

"Yeah, he's so overpowered that he beat the creator of the game, he's so overpowered that he beat the whole system of the game."

"What, how?"

"I don't know! That's why he's one of the reasons that the show is bad."

"Well, what else is there that makes this show bad?" Maki questioned again.

"Hmm...how about the fact that the main's character's lover is basically everywhere. The first arc is about how their relationship grew, the second arc is about the main character saving her."

"Wow, I don't see how that makes it bad, though?" Maki pulled up a chair and sat on it.

"Well, I guess...but she literally is everything in the show. Without her, the death game would have never ended. Without her, the main character wouldn't have to go back into the world and save her. Without her, the main character could have died in real life. And finally, without her, a specia-"

"Okay, that's enough. I get it, you don't like her."

"It's not that I don't like her, I actually like her character, I just dislike the fact that she is not the main character, like seriously...the show would be better if she was the main character."

"Oh...so what other shows do you have?"

"Hmm...let's see." I looked through the box once more and found a show entitled 'Himouto! Umaru-chan'.

"Oh, this one is pretty good." I gave the container to Maki.

"Himouto...Umaru-chan...?"

"Yeah, it's basically about a girl named Doma Umaru and her life." I explained.

"So...like is she someone special or anything?" Maki asked.

"Well, outside of home, she's an incredibly talented girl with no flaws whatsoever, perfect grades, perfect looks, perfect body."

"That doesn't so interesting..."

"But by the time she got home, or is at home...she would somehow become small as if she was a 5 year old, and veg out, play games, eat unhealthy food and would always be dependent on her brother."

"Huh? How do you even write a story like that??!"

"I guess you can think of it as a journal...? Like it's just a day in the life of an amazing, yet useless little sister."

"Ohh...hey (Y/N)-chan."

"What is it Maki-chan?"

"Do you want to binge-watch these shows?"

She gave me back both 'Sword Art Online' and 'Himouto! Umaru-chan'.

"Sure, when are you free?"

"We can watch them tonight if you want."

"Really? Alright then."

Then for the whole day, Maki and I just watched the shows until we fell asleep. There were certainly some scenes that I missed seeing, some scenes that rings back childhood memories.

Though for the fact that we are watching shows, this isn't all that good. As exams are just around the corner...crap.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey guys! @Katakilu here! I am so sorry for the late coming of this chapter. And the fact that its is short too...really is infuriating huh? I know you've been waiting for a new and good chapter. To be honest I'm not proud of this chapter myself, it felt kind of rushed. But I just can't seem to be getting any good ideas on what I should write. So if you've got any suggestions on what to write, don't hesitate to tell me. 

Yours sincerely

Katakilu