Chapter 37: What she'll say

A month has passed, Maki and the girls are having a sleepover to celebrate her return from the United Kingdom (although mainly to ask her about me proposing). So I can't help but get nervous for the outcome. Will she say yes? Will she say no? Agh, my brain can't handle this!

I went out of the showers to find my computer ringing showing me that I have a call from someone on skype, I put on my clothes and the person is still calling, talk about persistent. When I was in front of my computer I click the 'accept' icon with the mouse and Umi's face is all around the other side. I instantly trip on the water trail I left when I was changing (because I was shocked).

"(Y/N)-kun! Are you okay?" I could hear Umi's voice calling as I rubbed the back part of my head in pain.

"Geez Umi-chan, stop hogging the camera all to yourself!" Kotori's voice was a blur, but I knew it was hers.

"B-But, you guys were the one who told me to try and fix it!"

"Ah, geez..." I sighed as I attempted to stand up. I grabbed the table and pushed myself upwards.

The screen was black, like someone was covering camera lens. Then after the hand slowly moved back, this it what I saw: Everyone in their pyjamas. Kotori was in baby blue, she left three buttons on top unbuttoned, exposing her neck. Rin was in polka-dotted purplish blue, no buttons. Hanayo was in pale yellow with strings connected between the shirt and two puffballs. Diane was in slightly dark grey with a picture of elephants (she likes elephants), it looked more like a T-shirt. Maki was wearing a light purple shirt polka-dotted with white diamonds. Umi was in dark blue...that was it, just a plain blue T-shirt. Finally, Honoka was wearing pink with the Japanese Hiragana character 'Ho'.

They were laid out in a straight line like military soldiers, all smiling at their screen. I looked at all of them in shock, I couldn't speak a single thing.

"Geez, how long are you gonna stare at us like that?" Maki scowled as she crossed her arms.

"Huh? What about you guys? What's this about? Calling me so suddenly?" I replied exasperatedly.

"J-Just shut up!" Maki replied in disgust.

I didn't reply because I was so frustrated that she would say that after calling me out of the blue. So I just sighed and asked, "What is it?"

"Wh-"

"Well, we just thought that maybe you wanted to join us play truth or dare!" Honoka interrupted Maki.

"Truth or dare? Isn't that game like, dead?" I pressed my butt on the soft chair.

"Which is why we're gonna do it!" Diane exclaimed.

I looked at her, trying hard to believe that she was in the group, "What are you talking about?"

"Right? That's what I sai-"

"Just join us, it'll be fun!" Kotori winked at me.

It took me a while to process what she meant, but I nodded reluctantly. The girls shifted to form a U so that we'd make some kind of circle.

"Great, lets start!"Umi said abruptly, "So I'll start. I choose you, Rin. Truth or dare?"

"Rin?" Rin went for a dare.

"I dare you to...act like your old self!"

"Isn't that a little too much?" I asked silently. Silent enough that the girls couldn't hear it.

"My old self, huh...is this good...nya?" She gave a perky yet nervous smile.

It took the girls three seconds but they all eventually nodded approval. Myself included.

"Hehe nya... Then it's my turn now!" She turned towards Honoka, "Truth or dare?"

"Dare!"

"I dare you to talk in English for the next ten minutes nya."

It took Honoka a while to clear her throat, "Okay then, Diane-chan? Truth or dare?"

"It's my turn huh? I'll play it safe with a truth..." replied Diane.

"Do you have a boyfriend? If so, who is he?" Honoka asked.

"Y-Yes, I do. His name is," Diane seemed nervous, like this was a topic she didn't like talking about. "Omura Shoya."

"Ah! Shoya-kun huh? That guy's nice." I tried to lighten the atmosphere.

"You know him?" Hanayo asked.

"We went to the same high school." I explained.

"Oh."

Then Diane dared me to treat them for dinner one day, including their spouses/boyfriends. It is a dare so I said I'll do it at another time. "I'll hold you to that!" Diane exclaimed.

"Isn't that a little too harsh?" Maki asked like she was disgusted by the idea.

"He has his own company, I bet he makes a ton of money." Honoka smirked.

"Well, if you say so..."

After that I went for Kotori who went for a dare, then Kotori went to Umi for a truth. After everyone got 3 'truths or dares'. Kotori asked Maki:

"What would you say if (Y/N)-chan were to propose to you."

Pfft! I spit back my tea into the teacup. I could feel my face burning.

Maki wasn't looking too good herself, she was so red I thought my eyes saw her hair covering her face. "Wh-What are you talking about, Kotori!?"

"Ooohh, what is it Maki-chan?" Honoka said.

"What is it?" Everyone else put about 80% of their attention to Maki.

"Wh-Why are you guys so into this?" Then she turned to face me, hoping that I could change the subject. But I myself wanted to know the answer.

Then she turned to the others and a grabbed handfuls of hair and dragged them in front of her face, "I-I suppose I would have to say..."

Everyone moved closer and closer to her. "Oh fine, geez. Yes! I would happily say yes if (Y/N)-chan proposed to me!"

"Eh?" Wait, why am I blushing?!

"I knew it!!" Everyone exclaimed.

The door by Maki's room opened and her mom entered the room, "Can you girls keep the sound lower? Just a tiny bit?"

Everyone apologised and went on with the game like what Maki said never happened.

We continued the game but Maki was reluctant on continuing the game, as was I.