Chapter 26: Exams

Last week, Maki and I binge-watched the shows I had back in Japan. Little did we know, we were wasting our time.

After binge-watching and staying in my room for four days, Maki finally left the complex.

"Ahhh...watching all those shows were really great."

Jacob's calling you, idiot!

The ringtone Jacob set up for me rung on my phone.

I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"DUDE!! WHERE ARE YOU??!"

He shouted so loud that I had to take the phone off my ear.

"Dude, calm down." I told him.

"HOW?? YOU'VE BEEN INSIDE YOUR ROOM FOR OVER FOUR DAYS!!"

"Yeah, so what?"

"SO WHAT?? WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'SO WHAT'!? AREN'T YOU GONNA STUDY AT THE LIBRARY??!"

"Study? What do you mean study?" I asked deliberately.

"Y-You really forgot, huh?" he said.

"Do you really want this cycle to continue?"

"Y-Yeah, you're right."

"So, what's this call about?"

"I was just wondering if you're ready for the upcoming exams next week..."

"N-N-N-N-Next week?!"

I totally forgot!!!

Wait, I can't be the only right?! Y-Yeah, Maki must've forgot to study too, after all she did watch the shows with me. I'll just call her in case she forgot.

"Th-Thanks, Jacob. D-Don't worry about it. I'll be fine." I told him and quickly hung up.

I typed in Maki's number on my phone application, I waited for over five minutes.

"Hello, (Y/N)-chan?"

"Maki-chan, did you know that-"

"That's coming up next week? Yes, I know." I was interrupted.

"So, did-"

"Did I study? Yes, I have and am currently."

"Huh...that's good, I guess." I said distinctly.

"Why? Have you not studied yet?" Maki asked.

"O-Of course I have! Why wouldn't I be?"

"Suure you are, well I need to study, see you later (Y/N)-chan!"

She hung up.

Oh god! I need to study!!

(After three days of almost sleepless nights and days)

Can't believe I revised everything already, phew.

Jacob's calling you, idiot!

I picked up.

"Hello?" I answered.

"(Y/N)!! Where are you!?"

"Ugh...can you not shout too much?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm going to take a nap, why?"

"Take a nap?! You do realise what day this is right?"

"Thursday?"

"No- well technically yes, but you do realise that today is the start of our exams right?"

It was at that moment, I froze.

"Come again?"

"Wow, you clumsy bastard. Go get your ass in the exam hall right now!"

"O-Okay..."

I looked at the time, it was half past six. Exam starts at quarter past seven.

I've devised a plan. If it takes me ten minutes to get to the exam hall, then I should rest for five minutes, then eat some snacks to replenish my energy, take eight minutes to revise everything then go to the exam hall. So once I get there, I should have two minutes of rest or more studying, should be fine.

And thus, I did just that, though instead of two extra minutes, I only had one extra minute because I accidentally took a nap for six minutes.

Exam was normal, worse than before, but at least its the best I can do...yeah right.

After that day, I got back to my old self. Keeping organised. Great...that means I would have to decrease my hangout time with Maki...