Chapter 10: Love

"Why did you have to announce that we were going to win?!" Nico scolded Honoka...

"Ah, well, I kinda got carried away..." Honoka tried to apologise.

"Well, we really are aiming to win it, so there's no problem, right?" Maki said.

"That's true, and A-RISE also..." Umi said.

Then I remembered watching TV at home and after Honoka announced that we're going to win, A-RISE said something indicating that they acknowledged me... I mean us.

"I see. So they've acknowledged us." Honoka realised this.

"Now then, it's time for us to decide on the song we're singing for the final preliminary." Eli suggests, "We can only perform one song, so we should choose carefully"

"For the sake of winning." Hanayo said.

"I think we should go with a new song." Nico suggests.

"Oh, a new song!" Honoka exclaimed.

"That sounds fun!" Rin exclaimed as well.

Umm, excuse me but I think you guys forgot what happened to me, Maki and Umi when we tried that the last ti-

"We were only allowed new songs for the preliminaries, so performing a new song might help here too." Umi agreed as well...

-Sigh- why do I even try?

"But then, to decide which song to perform just based on that is..." Hanayo said.

"We don't even know if a new song will actually give us an advantage." Maki protests.

"And if we try to force out a new song like we did last time, that might just lead to more problems." Kotori also protests.

Well at least someone thinks that same thing as I do.

"This is just a suggestion, but what if we all try to sing a love song?" Nozomi questioned us.

We all went, "A love song?!

I quickly turned to Maki for some reason, and it turns out that she quickly turned to me as well but she turns towards the opposite direction swiftly.

Did I do something?

"Of course!" Hanayo exclaims, "Love songs are an absolute necessity for every idol, and in fact, those songs are almost expected to be performed at every live, but even, μ's has yet to produce a single one!"

"Nozomi...?" I overheard Eli and Nozomi just smiled at her.

"But why don't we have any love songs yet, I wonder?" Honoka asked.

"Well, that's..." Kotori said as we all looked at Umi.

"W-Why are you looking at me like that?" As she swiftly backed away from us, she asked us.

You were literally clueless for 5 seconds... how did you not realise that sooner?

"It's because Umi-chan has no experience with love, right?" Nozomi asked.

"Huh? What makes you so sure?" Umi tried to protest.

"Then you do?!" Honoka was curious.

"You do?!" apparently Kotori was curious too.

"Why are you getting so close?"

"Do you?" Hanayo asked.