Congratulations, it's a...

Johnattan's driver blares the horn warning the other drivers as we zoom through the busy California roads.

We were late... She'll be in labour soon...

I grab Johnattan's hand in a vice grip as my heart hammers against my chest. He tightens his arms around me, holding me close as the car swerves and we slide a little to the right side of the vehicle.

"It's okay Christina. She's going to be alright..." Johnattan whispers in my ear and I shake my head grabbing unto him as the car takes a right.

"Why didn't she tell me...?" I ask as my mind runs through a million ways this night could go wrong.

My thoughts drift to the conversation we'd had two hours ago on the plane with Chev and I fight back the dread creeping into my thoughts.

"Lexi's in the hospital but they say something's wrong... because of the hit she suffered, I don't know how but the baby shifted and now there's a problem... One of them might not make it."

"I don't know baby, but you need to calm down... We'll be there soon," Johnattan whispers softly in my ear before pecking my temple.

I nod my head mutely cuddling onto my man and a few minutes later we pull up to the hospital.

Wasting no time, we make our way to the receptionist and demand to know where Lexi's room is. The poor woman is scared to death by my attitude but she points me in the direction of the room and tell me which room she's in.

I race down the hall Johnattan hot on my heels. A25, A26... A27!

I burst through the door and shocked eyes land on me. I see Shan, Chev and Dr Hyll but my eyes zone in on the one person that matters right now, Lexi.

"Christina," she calls my name through clenched teeth as she hisses.

I make my way towards her grabbing her hand and I look at her with a stern stare.

"You're so lucky you're in pain or I'd be biting off your head right now," I stare through clenched teeth.

She gives me a hesitant laugh. "It's," – hiss– "nice to see you too Chrissie."

She starts to pant resting her free hand on her stomach, groaning in pain. Her forehead is drowned in sweat and she's in a hospital gown, her legs bent and spread on the bed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask softly as I caress her hand staring down at her hyperventilating figure.

"I didn't want you to worry," she says quickly before crying out squeezing the life out of my hand.

I grunt in pain and Lexi cries again tightening her hold. She calms a little releasing my hand and we both breathe out in relief.

"You should have told me," I gritted out.

"I know!" she hisses clutching her bump and grabs hold of my hand once more causing us both to grunt in anguish.

"Isn't it time yet?!" Lexi growls to Dr Hyll, who's busy pulling on some latex gloves.

Shan, Chev and Johnattan stand behind us observing our interaction but don't make a move towards us. They know Lexi's in pain because of the contractions and I'm emotionally unstable right now so they keep their distance.

"I'll going to check," Dr Hyll calmly states lifting the sheets covering Lexi's legs.

He spends a few minutes under there and Lexi hisses as another contraction grips her. "Aren't you done poking around down there? Haven't you found what the hell you're looking for? Get this damn kid out of me!"