Making up

Song: Dance with my father again.

I think it sets the mood for the last part of the chapter.

Enjoy.

"Hello sister."

Sighing I turn to face her fully a hesitant smile making its way on my lips. "Rudana, it's nice to see you... I guess congratulations are in order."

I really wanted to save this confrontation until the end of the night. That way there would be less people here and I could enjoy my night before all hell broke loose.

"Dad did tell me you were gonna be here but I thought he might have been off his meds again," Rudana says as I stare at her flabbergasted.

"Meds?" I ask confused. "Father's on meds, why?"

As much as I despise what father did to me I can't find it in me to hate him... His actions I loathe but he will always be my father and he may not do the right thing all the time but he provided for me. Some people weren't fortunate enough to have a father in their life like that.

"Yeah... He's been on them for years now," she says nonchalantly. "The doctors say he has a behaviour disorder so they started to treat him for it."

I look at her bewildered. Father, suffered from a behaviour disorder? "What's the name of th-"

"Ah no, if you want to know that's something you and dad should speak about," she says, a hand on her hip. "I'm more concerned about you..."

She eyes my stomach wearily and I mentally prepare myself for the verbal assault. "I thought you were barren?"

That hideous word floats around in my head and I grind my teeth in annoyance. Johnattan holds me tightly, reminding me that he's still here with me all the way and I relax.

"So did I," I say bluntly. "but obviously by the grace of God I'm no longer."

Her eyes then flicker to Johnattan. "And I'm guessing this is the lucky man?"

I nod, looking over at Johnattan who smiles tightly at Rudana while introducing himself. Her eyes widen in surprise as his last name is uttered from his lips and she squints her eyes staring at his masked face.

"You got yourself knocked up by a Blake that's some good work sister," Rudana states with a devious smirk and I stiffen at her words.

I feel Johnattan's palm tighten on my arm and I hear a faint crunch as he clenches his jaw. I wasn't the only one pissed off by Rudana's words.

"I did not purposely get pregnant for a Blake Rudana, unlike you I'm not a gold digging bitch." The words leave my mouth with disgust and Rudana reels back as if I'd slapped her.

"Gold digging bitch, huh?" she asked humourlessly. "I wasn't the one that ran away from her duties and family trying to escape an arranged marriage by crying rape."

"Crying rape?" I ask incredulously. "You think I was lying? You thought I made that shit up because I didn't want to marry that sick bastard? I'm not you Rudana I don't have to make up lies to get what I want in life."