Awakening

Humming, I walk around, caressing my stomach while looking at the different products before me.

Oh, what to buy?

I place my finger on my cheek in thought as I look at the new-born shirts in front of me. There are blue ones, there are pink ones. There are sleeveless, there are long and short sleeved... Which should I take?

If I had knowledge of the baby gender the clothes selection and style of clothing would be easy but alas I have to wing it.

In that case I'll take two of almost everything.

I start my scavenging working up a storm as the cool AC unit blows around me, lifting the heat my body was under due to the Cali heat. This morning when we'd left the house it was so hot I started to sweat uncontrollably and as such I had to change my attire.

Now, my hair is thankfully in a high bun not drawing in any heat to the back of my neck and giving assess to the coolness. I'm in a grey, sleeveless maternity top with a loading bar and the words "babies processing" in blue bold letters and black jean shorts.

I run my hand over the softness of the shirt beside me and smile at the words on it. "I luv u" it reads with a cartoon little baby on his stomach with a toothy smile.

I'm definitely getting this.

I pat my stomach as they start to kick causing me to giggle. I love the sensations their movements inside of me cause. It just feels surreal.

"Okay," I laugh as I rub my stomach gently. "We'll buy it... Glad to see you guys agree with Mommy's taste. Let's hope it stays this way forever."

Taking a pair of the shirt, I throw them over my arms as I continue to look for more stuff.

"Christina!" A voice calls out and I spin around with a smile.

The sight that greets my eyes is Johnattan holding up a matching pair of pin-unders with the words "I'm too cute for you" on them.

I nod my head holding up the garments I have and he gives me a thumbs up with that beautifully scarred smile. He pushes the trolley making his way towards me and I can't help but ogle my man.

He's in a matching grey, sleeveless shirt with a loading bar and the words "Dad loading" on it. He's in a khaki Knickers with grey converses and a pair of sunglasses rests a top his head. He looks relaxed, carefree. His eyes are sparkling, the stress lines he once had are disappearing and he's behaving more like the Johnattan I met and fell in love with. And I love that plus... He looks so yummy. The way his muscles contract and relax. Those biceps, triceps... Oh my... That man's is built like an ox...

And there goes the hormones... Oh well.

"Stop staring Christi," Johnattan teases as he stops beside me with a flirty smile. "You're making it easy for me to know what you're thinking and I bet it's anything but innocent."

"When are you going to learn that the word innocent and I cannot be associated in any way?" I ask with a coy smile before raising a brow at him. "Plus, why shouldn't I stare? You're mine aren't you? The last time I checked I could do whatever I want to my possessions. Plus you stare at me all the time."

"I stare at you because I love analysing and memorizing every part of your beautiful body."

"The one you refuse to touch," I mumble rolling my eyes but he doesn't hear it so continues on with his speech.

"And possession you say," he says coyly and my heart drums as the sadistic grin forms on his face. Oh, how I missed that look. It's his 'I'm going to show you who belong to' smile and I want him to show me so fucking bad. "That's harsh diosa I thought we were mutually together. So if I'm your possession, you're mine?"