Masking a lie, she reluctantly answered, "No, I don't. I found this job after Seungri offered me one. Due to my college debt, I thought that this is a good offer for me to earn my own money."

Hearing her answer, he just nodded even though he knew that she was lying straight to his face.

After Finding his phone, he dialled Jimin's number, and within seconds, he answered.

"Jimin, can you give Tzuyu another job other than a waitress? Hmm.., Yes, Okay, I'll call you back."

After he ended his call with Jimin, he turned around, facing her

"After this, you won't be serving people. So, you don't have to be a waitress anymore. I have a business to run, so I didn't want my customer complaining about petty things as simple as a waitress refusing to start a conversation." his voice was calm yet firm in emphasising the last part.

"I agreed to accept you to work here because of my friend's suggestion."

That words somehow hurt her, but his following words made something else follow thereafter.

"But if you need anything, don't hesitate, tell the manager, he will help all the employees. And this job is not for anyone, and as an employer, I didn't want anything wrong to happen to my employees."

Without waiting for her to thank him, he left her, leaving her flushed red. Her lips spread to a massive grin as the unknown happiness bloomed in her heart.

🥀🍁🥀

One week passed, and Taehyung hadn't returned due to the business he was handling directly in Italy. Although, admittedly, she acknowledged that he was beyond pissed that she still works with Namjoon by associating with him.

To his indignation, he was powerless when the involvement of Younha is the sole reason he couldn't do anything.

So, here she is, conducting her charity dinner with Namjoon and Younha.

That night, well-dressed Armani women with their expansive and glittering bags pranced around the decorated ballroom, greeting each other with flukes of glasses accompanying their hands.

The lights glimmer inside the ballroom, enhancing the shimmers of the exquisite dresses of the guests. However, the jewellery adorning their flawless skin is expected to be the main focus of the amiable women when they greet each other.

After all, this is how she imagined an elite dinner would look like.

Tonight is the charity dinner for Joohyun and Namjoon to raise funds for a charity organisation under Younha's company. Initially, the plan was only to conduct a completely simple and non-extravagant dinner, but on the contrary, Younha had planned otherwise.

Thus, tonight's dinner had become a privileged, elite gathering attended by people, mostly those she was not accustomed to.

The thought of the rich puffing out their chests to boost themselves revolts her nature. That's why the hypocritical chatter of indulgence and concern is terrifying and makes her weary most of the time.

After all, everything would come with a return; government tenders project, illegal business and protection from the upperclassmen in return for a favour.

Younha insisted that the socialite conglomerate is hugely beneficial for the charity event, and it wasn't a lie after all.

After contemplating enough, Joohyun agreed that the idea didn't seem so bad to her since it could contribute to charity.