Chapter 12

The Next Afternoon - Tatsuyu's POV

I stir slightly.

"Finally."

I open my eyes to see TenTen sitting on the couch in front of me and I groan slightly. "How long did I sleep?" I mumble.

"My guess is 15 hours, you were out cold when I came home, it was futile trying to wake you up." TenTen says to me and I sit up slowly, still half asleep. "You look so cute when you don't know what's going on after you just woke up." TenTen says to me.

"I do?" I ask confused as I rub my eyes and she gushes over me.

Someone knocks on the door and TenTen goes over and opens it.

"Neji?" TenTen asks confused as she lets him in and they walk to the living room.

"Did you just wake up?" Neji asks me with a slight scoff.

"Shut up, you didn't just do 10 C-Rank Missions in a row within the past 7 days with out sustainable food or any sleep, you also didn't have to deal with ungrateful clients, bandits, thieves and so on, not to mention, Lady Tsunade who's treating anyone Chunin or higher as her slaves." I say and TenTen sweat drops.

"As you can see, she's not actually as cool and calm and collective when she wakes up, normally she makes up an argument with me, stating her point on why she shouldn't get out of bed, but today, she seems to be cooperating." TenTen says the last part suspiciously.

"I'm in no mood to argue today." I mutter.

"Anyways, Lee decided to take the surgery." Neji says to us and I nod.

"That sounds like him, Lady Tsunade's been working hard on figuring out how she can improve the chances of success, so far she's only raised it by one percent, so now his chance of survival is 51 percent." I say and Neji nods. "Let me guess, Guy-Sensei said he'd kill himself if Lee didn't survive?" I ask and Neji and TenTen nod. "Figures." I say and Neji watches me.

"You should get up and do something, just because you get some time off, doesn't mean you can slack off." Neji says to me and I blink.

"I was already gonna do stuff today so there's no need to scoff at me, if anything, I should be scoffing at you, you've been lazy in your missions, you have hardly taken any." I say as I get up.

"Tch." Neji says to me.

I wave him off as I walk to my room. "Now to change and get back to my Medical Nin-Jutsu training." I say and TenTen sighs.

"Tatsu, you haven't taken a break for a long time, not since the exams, you shouldn't push yourself farther than you can handle." TenTen says to me.

"I'm fine." I say to her and I walk into my room. I close the door and I take my tank top off and I look in the mirror to see a bruise on my side, a big one. I sigh. "How'd I get that?" I mutter as I heal it.

"Tatsu, how long are you gonna be gone today?" TenTen asks.

"That depends." I say through the door.

I change into my normal outfit and I put my ninja pouches on. I put my ninja sandals on and I walk out of my room while messing my hair up to look normal and I walk to the door, passing the living room to still see Neji in my house. I walk out of the house and I walk down the streets and I find Lee and Lady Tsunade.

"Hey Tatsuyu." Lady Tsunade says with a smile.

"Lady Tsunade, Lee." I greet with a wave.

"Good afternoon Tatsu, I haven't seen you in a while." Lee says to me.