04. The First Day

The First day

Mrs wheeler interrupted the scene, coming down the stairs and her children following after her,

Max's eyes landed on Mike's, and her heart skipped a beat when he looked back at her.

'Okay so Max, this is Nancy, my older daughter. Nancy, this is Max, the girl I told you about.' The mother introduced both girls, and she flashed Max a smile.

'Nice to meet you,' Nancy shook The red-headed hand

'You too.' Was Max's reply. They have seen each other a few times, but they never talked to one another in any of them.

'And this is Holly,' Karen moved her hands that were holding her Holly slightly forward, towards Max, smiling at her small kid. 'My younger kid.' She said,

'Hi!' Max waved at the small girl, who smiled and then hid her face in her mother's hair shyly.

'I believe you and Mike already know each other,"

That's when she remembered that Mike was still here, and she felt awkward again.

'Hey,' he simply greeted,

but the fact that he was talking to her directly, and not being rude, had her cheeks redden.

'Hi,' she shyly greeted back.

'Excuse me, I'll be in my room,' Mike's sister said, already making her way up to her room.

'Mike Will you show Max the room she'll be staying in, please?'

'Alright,' Mike let out a deep breathe, in which Max noticed.

'I'll be going then. bye Maxine,' her step father said, 'again, it was nice to meet you, mrs wheeler.' Mrs wheeler smiled, And he gave Max a last look before he got out of the house.

'Are you coming?' The handsome boy asked, already taking a step on the stairs.

'Yeah,' her eyes snapped back up to him. She followed him to the room, Dragging her staircase with her.

When they arrived, Max's eyes roamed around the room, and she noticed that the walls were a bright pink. The ceiling was white along with the door to the walk in closet. The door to the closet was opened though, and she could see that it was empty.

There was a small bed pushed into the corner of the room. The light was filtering into the room from the large window facing the driveway below. A bench was built into the wall underneath the window, but it was dusty and dirty from not being used at all.

One thing that mattered to Max though, it was that Mike's room was right next to hers. 'it's beautiful,' she breathed.

'Don't get too hyped up, It's not your room. you'll just be staying here for a few.' He coldly replied, and she tried hard not to seem hurt by his words.

She didn't know why he was being so cold and mean to her. 'it's not like I want to stay here at all.' A lie

He sneered at her before going to his own room, and then closing his door with a

*SLAM*

She flinched slightly, and then dragged herself to the bed she'd be sleeping in for the next days.

It seems harder than she thought to get him to be friendly with her. With all the thoughts on her mind, her eyes closed and she fell to sleep with a heavy heart and a clouded mind.

□■□■□

A/N: *sighs* it looks like Mike needs someone to slap him.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Leave comments and votes, they motivate me to write more chapters!

See u next chapter!

-Loves u♡♡