18. bleeding tears

A/N: listen to sad songs while reading this if you wanna cry.

Bleeding tears

"How could she?" He wondered aloud, a single tear dropping from his eyes at the surprising betrayal from Max's side. 

"Eleven, please, don't cry." Mike whispered softly, holding a very miserable Eleven in his arms.

"B-but you don't love me anymore," she sobs, and his heart aches at her words. Mike pulls away from the hug, he titles her head up to make her look at him.

"Don't ever say that. I love you, okay? I love you so much." His thumb brushed her wet cheek.

"But you love Maxine more than me." Eleven tries to look for answers, and when the boy shakes his head and looks away from her eyes, she was sure that he was lying.

"Good, because she hates you." Eleven pushes him further and was satisfied when she got the reaction that she wanted. Shock, sadness, and anger.

□■□■□

Max was pacing around her room, 'it has almost been two hour, what took them so long? Were they fighting? Or did they get back together? No stop it Max. Mike won't do that to you.'

There was a knock on her door which pulled her from her thoughts. "Hi, um, mom says that dinner is ready." Nancy informs Max, and turns to leave.

"Oh, and tell Mike. I'm not going to look for everyone around the house and tell them that the dinner is r-" Nancy stops talking when she notices the anxious look on Max's face. "Are you okay?" Nancy steps into Max's room and closes the door behind her.

"I'm fine, just thinking." Max huffs softly, before faking a chuckle.

"It's about Eleven being in Mike's room, right?"

"What! No-"

"Oh, please, don't act stupid now. I see the way you two look at each other, if you  aren't love, I don't know what that is."

Max's eyes widnes at the realization. "Did you tell Eleven something like that?" She had the thought that maybe Nancy told Eleven about her and Mike, as Eleven must have heard from someone, right?

"Tell her what, exactly?" Max sighed, it doesn't look like Nancy did it. Eleven could have also seen them.

"Listen, I can do you a favour-" when  she saw the shock on Max's face she continued. "Not because I like you or anything! I'm just bored and don't have anything else to d-"

Max cuts Nancy's rant. "What kind of favour?"

□■□■□

"Mike, dinner is- oh! Sorry, am I interrupting something?" Nancg smiles at the boy and the girl in front of her who pulled back from each other the moment she came in.

"We will be down in a sec." Mike's tells her, eyes not meeting his sister's.

"Okay, then." Nancy leaves the couple and sprints back to Max's room.