20. Save me

*WARNING* the following content
Might contain something that triggers readers. [Violence, etc...]

Read at your own risk.

Save me

Mike got back from school, and his mum greeted him at the house. "Hello, handsome."

"mum!" He didn't really like it when his mother complimented him.

"Mike!" his mother mimicked him, he huffled and went upstairs, when his mother's voice stopped him. the second part did, to be exact. "Dinner is ready, so change quickly, and come eat. Oh, by the way, where is Max?"

"She's not here?" The past week, Max went to school and got from school earlier than him, he didn't know why, exactly.

"No, she didn't come home." Colours drained from his face, and he Clinched his fingers tightly, a habit he does when he is nervous. "Do you have any idea of where she could be?" his mother asked.

Mike thought deeply. where could she be, if she wanted to be alone? where is the place that only she could go to, without anyone disturbing her? suddenly a place popped in his head and he said

"I know where she is."

□■□■□

"Ethan! what are you doing here? How did you know where I was? did you follow me?" She bombarded him with questions the second she saw him when she opened the door. she was aware of her Buffy looking eyes.

"Relax. first, I came here to see you, second, I asked someone about your address, and third, no I didn't follow you." He answered her calmly, it seemed like he thought that she was living here at this moment, still.

"why did you want to see me?"

"Jeez, stop asking questions. Aren't you going to let me inside?" She just stood there, so he pushed his way into her house.

Max left the door ajar because, for some reason, she didn't trust him. He sat himself on one of the coaches, but Max stood in front of him, nervously.

"you can sit, you know." He told her, patting the space beside him on the couch.

"I know. it's my house, after all." She replied, sitting on the couch.

"Are you ok?" The blue-eyed boy asked her, when he noticed her look.

"why did you want to see me?" She repeated her question, choosing not to answer his. He didn't answer her too. "Really?" she rolled her eyes.

"You don't answer a question with a question, do you?" she chose to ignore his comment.

Max was going to tell him to leave the house, when he suddenly, put his hand on hers that was resting on her thighs. she was going to remove his hand, but he put his other hand on hers, trapping her hands between his.

"Why are you doing this to me, Max? to us?" his hands tightened their hold on her small ones. his face came dangerously, close to hers. "I know you love me." he hovered his body over hers, and she was trapped between him and the couch.

he was leaning his heavy figure down on hers. "Get off of me!" she shouted, bounding desperately on his chest, so that he would release her. But he didn't.

he only pressed himself harder against her. "please Max, let me just have one kiss." his lips were on hers in less than a second, kissing her furiously. she was biting harshly onto his lips, to stop him, but to no avail. he seemed keen on kissing her, as he ignored every attempt she made to push him off.

"Nrghh!! Hhewl!!" he forced his lips on hers to shut her up, she felt tears streaming down her face.

"You can't run away from me this time." she kept kicking and biting him mercilessly, not giving up until she heared a familiar voice. it was Mike's.

"Get away from her!!" Mike yelled, throwing the sick boy away from Max, a sob of relief escaped her lips,

but Mike didn't let himself get distracted by her, as he pushed the boy to the floor, straddling him. Ethan managed to throw a punch at Mike's Jaw, but Mike quickly  grabbed him by his throat, and punched him in the face, hard. Mike seemed like he couldn't control his anger anymore, and began to punch Ethan with both fists, leaving cuts everywhere on his skin, his own blood dripping down his face.

"Don't. ever. fucking. do. that. again!!" He was punching his face with every word he said. "Take that asshole!!" he kept on hitting his face harshly, and Max decided to interfere to stop him from killing the dying boy.

she moved her shaking body towards the raging boy, "Mike," but he didn't listen. "Mike! Mike, stop it!" she was tugging on his shirt from behind "Mike!" he stopped at last, and turned to face her.

He noticed how frightened she looked, and at that moment everything was forgotten, as he pulled her trembling form into him, his arms came around her, shielding her, and she rested her head on his chest, crying loudly.

He buried his face in the crook of her neck. "shhhh, it's ok, Max. it's over." he tried to comfort her, drawing circles with his fingers on her back. "it's ok, Max."

she breathed him in, and his scent immediately calmed her down. They stood like that for a few minutes, before Mike pulled away from their embrace, still keeping Max close to him.

"Go outside, and wait for me. I will be right back." Max nodded, getting out of the house, she gave him one last look before leaving.

Ethan was on the floor, coughing rapidly. He looked like he was trying to say something, which had Mike turn to him, and wait for him to talk, impatiently.

"Your girlfriend-" he coughed, and blood splattered everywhere. Mike watched Ethan, as he struggled to complete a sentence. "-she heared you and Max at the - camp that night - you were talking - about you breaking - up with E- Eleven. How d-does it feel to b-be lied to M-michael?"

The world was blur around him, all he could hear was Ethan's words, hanging in the air, repeating themselves like an echo. the minutes passed like years with nothing but silence. Eleven had lied to him

Mike had been wrong all this time. he trusted the wrong person, and denied the innocent one. he blew everything up.
he should have followed his heart, and listened to it when it told him to never abandon Max. will she ever forgive him for what he made her go through?