19. Times passes, still hurts

Times passes, still hurts

It has been two weeks. Two weeks since Max has had any contact with Mike. Mostly, because he had completely avoided her, he wouldn't go out of his room except to eat the daily meals, in which she could finally get a look at how he was doing. Eleven stayed with him in his room all the time, and Max knew that Eleven would horribly die someday due to the curses that Max threw at her under her breath. That bitch got what she wanted at the end, she hurt Max in the most painful way, separating her and Mike.

During these two days, Max tried her best to get him to talk to her, she knocked on his room's door multiple times, sometimes she was ignored, and other times she was answered by Eleven's stupid face telling her to stop disturbing them. But Max refused to give up just yet, she had to have a talk with Meachle. She wants to understand.

Today was Monday, Second week of school. Max had always hated Mondays because it meant that she has to wake up to go to school, However, today was different. She actually wanted to go to school.

With Mike ignoring her, and Eleven being mean, she was forced to stay alone, not talking to anyone. Sometimes, Mrs wheeler would accompany her, but spending time with her wasn't the best thing Max had done. Still, she was grateful that at least she had someone to have little chats with, so that she wouldn't go crazy.

Max missed being around people over the weekend, she was bored to death at the wheelers'. Now, she is going to see Lucas, Will and Dustin.

□■□■□

Max went to school early, hoping that she might run into someone she knew, somene she can talk with. She was desperate at this moment. But luck wasn't on her side, and she was having an awkward conversation with Ethan just before class starts.

"How was your weekend?" Apart from her and Mike breaking up, and Mike wanting nothing to do with her?

"Good." Yeah, good.

"Mine was great!" And I don't care. Max thought. "Are you sure that you are okay?" Max could see that he was talking about the dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep.

"I'm fine." She insisted.

"But you-"

"I said I'm fine!" She snapped. She didn't like repeating herself, and she didn't like Ethan too. She was just trying to be civil with him.

"Right. Sorry." Max pushed past him, and entered the class.

She took her usual seat in the back, waiting for the teacher. Max was a little nervous because she knew that Mike sat beside her, and that might be a chance for her to talk with him.

But she was wrong.

Mike went and sat beside Ethan. Freaking Ethan. Lucas then went, and sat beside Max. So Mike didn't even want to be near her? But At least he didn't make Ethan sit with her.

Class ended, It was lunch break. Max was seeking any chance to talk to Mike, but he was still avoiding with all his might. Finally, she spotted him.

"Hey! Mike, wait!" She took ahold of his arm, making sure that he couldn't walk away from her this time. She looked in his eyes, and his eyes were staring back at hers.