07. The Tension

The Tension

The atmosphere was thick, the tension was too much that you could cut it with a knife. Max ate her bteakfast quickly and shut herself in her room that day, wanting to isolate herself from people.

Tonight, comes Elven. Mike's Girlfriend.

Fuck.

She remembered The way he looked concerned about her hands. Did he really care? Or he was just curious?
And then suddenly, she heard someone knocking on her door.

'It's open!' She yelled so the person on the other side could hear her.

The door opened shortly after that, and the loser boy entered, looking very nervous, and carrying First Aid-kit to which Max didn't know why. he kneeled in front of her as she was sitting on the bed, never looking at her face, as he begin opening the kit. Max was too shocked to move.

'Um, hi,' He finally acknowledged her presence, looking up at her.

'W-what are you doing?' Max asked in confusion.

'I came to bandage your hand.' he explained, giving her a nervous smile.

'What? W-why?' She asked, stuttering slightly.

'Oi, stop asking questions.' He demanded, taking the bandages in his hands.

She stirred on the bed uncomfortably, looking at him as if he was some kind of a weird animal that was just discovered.

'Give me your hands,' he ordered, his eyes daring hers, and she was weak against them.

He took her hands in his, and examined them. Max winced in pain when touched where it hurt. However, she didn't know if she should concentrate on the pain, or the butterflies in her stomach that were caused Every time he touched it.

"Does it hurt?" He asked her, looking concerned.

"A bit. But you don't have to do this-"

"Shhhhh, please." He said, cutting her off.

He cared. That was enough to form the goosebumps on her skin. He was bandaging the wound now, careful not to touch where it hurt, but she craved his touch.

"Annnd, Done!" He got on his feet, putting his hands on his hips, and looking proudly at his work.

"Thanks." She blushed slightly, and he smiled at her cuteness. But then he shook his head.

"So, I'm going to my room. Do you need anything else?" He asked stepping backwards towards the door.

"No." She answered, and he was leaving when, "but Wheeler! Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," he faced her again,

"Why did you take care of my hands?" She asked, "I mean, I appreciate it, really. But why?" She carried on when she saw the confused look on his face.

"Well, I- I had to. You know, um-" he looked around the room awkwardly, while she was expecting an answer.
"YES MUM! Mom is calling me. I gotta go sorry!" And he left fast.

She laughed at his silliness and then she lay on the bed, and touched her wrapped hands, smiling to herself.

///////////////////////////

Later that evening, they were all gathering in the living room, waiting for El's arriving. Mrs Wheeler was going all around the house, trying to make it look good for Elven when she comes. She was also preparing dinner.

"Mom, stop pacing around the house! You gave me a headache!" Nancy yelled, moving her hands in the air.

"Would you like some help, Mrs wheeler?" Max asked,

"Oh, your such a sweet girl. But I finished all the working." Mike's mother answered, and Max nodded.

'I hope she never gets home.' Max secretly wished. Then the bell rang.

"She's here! She's here!" Mrs wheeler screamed, and Max sighed.

Mike was smiling from ear to ear, and he went to open the door, "Mike!"

"El," he said, his smile going even wider if possible. And they hugged each other for minutes, and then El's eyes caught Max's,

Max smiled weakly, but El didn't smile in return, and that got Max confused.
After Elven greeted Mike, Max went forward to greet her, Max was polite. Even if she doesn't like her,

Max extended her hand for Elven to shake, but Elven totally ignored her and went to greet Mrs wheeler. Max' s hand then fell empty to her sides and she awkwardly excused herself to leave.

And that did not go unnoticed by Mike.

///////////////////

Thanks for reading! And i'm sorry for not uplaoding for so long!
The internet connection is so bad🙁

Comment and vote please! It motivates me to write more,

Love you💞