01. Old Friends

Old Friends

It is Friday, the day which Mike and the others get to see Jane, or El as Mike calls her. They saw each other Every Friday morning, and sometimes she would visit them on other days and stay for the weekend, but it doesn't always happen.

Seven in the morning is when the party always went to see Eleven in Hopper's cabin. they always were the ones to visit her as she was not allowed to get outside often, but sometimes she would sneak to Mike's house to see him.

It was nearly the end of February, the weather was chilly, and Mike was shivering, getting cold sweat forming on his forehead, they were all standing outside Eleven's door, waiting for Mike to knock.

Today was a special day, Today Mike wasn't only going to meet Eleven, he was going to introduce her to his mother, in the times they have been meeting each other, his mother never got to meet Jane properly. so now is finally the time that Jane will get to meet his mother.

Mike was not exactly excited, he was nervous, and the idea of how his mother will react to Jane had him going crazy, but however his train of thoughts was cut short when a certain someone, talked.

'Are we going to stand here forever? Knock already!'

Max.

Freaking Maxine.

He didn't want her to come but then Lucas talked him into letting her, he still remembers the conversation clearly.

'Mike! Mike! Do you copy? It's Lucas!'

'I copy, what's up? Over,'

'Um..Mike? Max ... she wants to come, over,'

'No, I told you! She is not a part of our group! Over,'

'But ... Mike.. I told her about what really happened to will, remember? and she knows everything about the upside down Now, What if she tells everyone because you don't want her in our g-'

'Fine, bring her along, meet you there, over and out.'

'Shut up!' He harshly hushed her, which Max reresponded to by throwing her middle finger up at him.

'Oh yeah, real mature.' Mike commented carelessly, knocking on door with his fist lightly.

He knocked on the door again, this time more louder and waited for about a minute.

'Why is she not answering the door?' He asked Dustin, completely ignoring Max when she rolled her eyes.

'Maybe she didn't hear,' Dustin answered.

'Where's your mom, Mike? Wasn't she supposed to have come with you?' Will asked.

'She wanted to buy something for El. I'm sure she will be here soon.'

'Good.' Lucas nodded.

'Mate, you two should really start to get along,' Dustin whispered to Mike, looking between him and Maxine.

'No way.' Mike moved his nose up in disgust.

'Not if he continues to be an asshole.' Max stated, clearly hearing Dustin.

Mike glared at her.

The argument was discontinued due to Eleven opening the door, which made Dustin sigh in relief.

'El!' Mike shouted excitedly, before hugging her to him.

'I have been knocking for awhile, is everything ok?' Mike asked her, concerned.

'Sorry, I didn't hear.' She said while they were still hugging each other.

'I missed you.' Muttered the wheeler.

'I missed you, too.' Jane Hopper replied. Leaning in, closer to Mike in their embracment.

Mike etched closer to her, also. So their bodies were pressed so tightly together. When they pulled apart, Their noses only an inch apart. Holding hands. Both looked at each other's lips, deep in thought. Both craving a kiss.

'Hm, 'hm.' Lucas faked coughed. And Mike and Eleven, took a huge step back. Both blushing a deep shade of red.

Dustin cut the tension by an awkward laugh, That made everyone look at him strangely. Except for Max. Who looked slightly hurt, angry and confused. But she was really good at hiding it.

She was hurt, because she knew that she was the only one experiencing this feeling. The feeling she has for him but he has it for someone else.

Angry, because she didn't like this feeling. she is angry at him for choosing someone else. And angry at herself for letting this happen, for being angry at him when she knew he don't know of her feelings for him.

And confused, because she didn't know what that feeling was. Confused because she knows that she shouldn't be feeling this way.

'Come on in, guys!' Eleven sang happily.

'Uh, you guys... go in. Me and El. need to talk for a few minutes.' Mike rubbed his hands awkwardly.

'Alright.' Lucas said with a wink.

Maxine made a disgusted face at them before turning to leave with the others.

'What's her deal?' Eleven asked. Mike had taught her a few words over the past few days. One of them were "deal" and she had been using it ever since.

'Don't know,' He replied,shrugging the thought off.

□■□■□

A/N: Thank you for reading my book.
If you enjoyed this chapter and would like me to upload another one, please vote or comment. any support is appreciated💕