13. Secretly in Love

Chapter 13. Secretly in Love;

Ethan kissed Max, and she didn't pull away. She didn't kiss him back, though. Unforutantely, Mike saw this and he couldn't hide his anger. After the kiss, Max headed to the bathroom, feeling flustered and confused.

When she got there, she washed her face. cold water mixing with tears of confusion. She looked at the mirror, and her reflection looked back at her, does she still like Ethan? Does she really like Mike? Or was her heart trying to use him as a rebound?

But why him? Why not Lucas? She looked at the person in the mirror, and she was looking back at her, Max looked at her as if she was waiting for her to answer the questions. At that moment, Mike stormed into the bathroom angrily, he looked as if was looking for someone until his eyes landed on her.

He walked towards her, looking her in the eyes. Max was frozen in her action, and right there, all her questions were answered, she knew her heart belonged to him. Only him. "What the hell did you do that for?" He bursts out in her face.

"What?" She was confused for a second, before she realized he was talking about that dammned kiss.

"Why did you let him kiss you?" It looked as though his eyes held tears, maybe anger tears.

"I-"

"I thought you were best friends?" He raises an eyebrow, face red and angry.

"We were," she says honestly.

"Were you?" He doubts, crossing hi arms.

"Yes," she says through gritted teeth, slightly annoyed.

"Then why did he kiss you?"

"I don't know," She exclaims.

"You don't know!" He repeats loudly.

"He said he likes me, Okay?" She tells him, annoyingly.

"What about you?" His face betrayed him and showed exactly how hurt he was.

"Why are you asking me all these questions!? It's none of your business!" She yelled at him, having had enough.

"Oh, it's my business if the girl I like likes someone else!" He said it with equal annoyance, confused when Max' s face was lit up with shock until he recalled back what he had just said. "Shit," Mike swore under his breath, turning red again, this time from embarrassment.

"You- you like me!?" He looked anywhere but her eyes,

"Max, I-" but she didn't wait for an answer, she hushed him by brushing her lips over his, eager to forget the feeling of Ethan's lips upon hers.

When she removed her lips, her eyes met a very shocked ones, but she thought she saw a hint of excitement in them. "I like you too," she smiled, hands placed tightly around his neck.

Their faces were so close, that their nose were touching still from the kiss. "Do you mean that?" His soft breath brushed her skin, he was still closing his eyes, resting his forehead against hers.