09. Back to school

Chapter 9: Back to school

Her beautiful eyes, her dreamy hair, the way her crystal blue eyes hardned when she was too deep in thought. she was stuck in Mike's mind. she was like a poison, crawling into his heart, and clouding his mind.

when she was suddenly interested in the new boy subject that lucas had brought up, something stirred up inside of him. something he couldn't recognize. and now, she was standing infront of him. her red hair held back in a messy bun. a few standrs of her hair fell on her pretty face, framing it. her strong eyes gazed back at his nervous ones, and at that moment he realized that Max was truly gorgeous.

he had made a mistake when he refused her as a friend, and it burned him from the inside now. he wanted to be close to her, to be anything other than the enemy. only if she let him...

The red-headed broke the silence "I'll be off then. good night." she was going to leave.

but he picked up the courage in him and stopped her by saying, "Max," her name sounded great coming from him. he was going to say it again but she turned and faced him. "can we start from the begging?" really? is this all his brain could come up with?

"start what?" the confussion was written all over her face.

"Everything. I uh, was wrong. I judged you. i shouldn't have, I'm sorry. can we be friends?" he cringed silently. he watched her as her face expressions changed from shock, to sad, to happy. her face lit up, and her eyes sparked with confidence. "Max?" he called for her, then a stupid idea came into his mind. was she happy now because she was going to turn him down? and he pictured her taunting him for this moment forever.

but none of this happened, instead "Yes, we can" and she was smiling brightly at him. Mike let out a breath he didnt know he was holding.

"really? I'm so glad. I'm sorry-" but she put her fingers on his lips to hush him, his heart leapt out.

"it's fine. you don't have to apologize every single minute." she laughed, and removed her fingers away from his lips, him missing the contact already- wait what? he shook his head.

"So we are friends," he said smiling.

" 'hmm, good night friend." she said taking the first step on the staires.

"night," he said to the empty hallway. and smiled like a little child.

_____________________________

"Max,"
"Max wake up!"
"come on, weve to go to school!" "Max!" but Max wasn't listening. instead she covered her face with her pillow, muttering "Just one more minute,"

"we are gonna be late!" Mike removed the covers off her and she woke suddenly,

"Mike, i don't freaking care if I'm late." she said but got out of bed anyway.

"Good morning," Mike greeted her when she got downstaires, he smiled sheeplishly at her and she returned the smile.

"morning," she yawned. Breakfast was ready and Elbitch wasn't here thank god, that's what Max calls her.

She ate quickly and headed outside, Mike following her. Max then got greeted by the faces of Lucas, Will, and Dustin who were waiting at the front of the wheelers's house, on their bycles.

"oh, hi" was what Max said, they all smiled at her.

"guys let's go to school!" Mike got on his bike, but then he realized something, "Max you don't have one right?"

"yes. But I have a skateboard,"

"get on my bycle, we'll ride to school." When he saw that she was going to say something, he said "my bike can carry two people"

"alright," and she attached her hands around his waist, holding tight.

When they all reached school, the guys stopped Mike from entering saying they have something to tell him. So he let Max go there alone. "what's up?"

"no, what's up with you?" Dustin eyes him carefully.

"What?" Mike was confused.

"are you friends with Max now?" Will asked.

"don't you all want me to be?"

"yes of course!" Dustine says quickly

"but what has changed? You didn't like her at first." Will questions.

"I don't like her. I just decided to give her a chance since she's living at my home." Mike explained

"mhhm sure," Dustin smirkes,

they all went to class. Max was already seated at her regular place. Mike spared her a smile and then went to his seat. The teacher entered the class and the chatter went down.

"hello class and welcome again. I hope you enjoyed your holidays, but now we need to get serious" all the class boo'ed.

"Also, I want to introduce to you your classmate who just transferred to our school." The class went silent again,

the boy entered his brown hair almost covered by a beanie, his blue eyes stood out against his pale skin. "this is Ethan,"

Ethan?

'No it can't be him, it can be someone else' was what Max thought. But when he caught her eyes and gave her the look she was so used to, she was certain that it was him. It was her Ethan.

Hey! Haven't updated in so long!
Exams are finally over,

Hope u enjoyed this chapter and if you did please vote or comment!

-loves u💗