08. Friends?

Chapter 8:

Friends?

Max spent most of the evening locked up in her room, Doing nothing.
She could hear laughter and chatting sound, she didn't leave her room though.

It looks like she'd be staying in that room for the rest of the week.

Freaking Elven.

Max was pacing around in her room when the door opened slowly, "won't you join us for Dinner?"

She spin her head towards the voice, finding Nancy standing there. "I'm not hungry." Was Max's response. And then, Nancy let her self into the room, eyeing Max curiously.

"Or is it because of Elven?" The question got Max shocked, and speechless for a second, before she replied.

"What do you mean?" She asked coolly,

"It's obvious," Nancy began, and Max's heart skipped a beat. Was it really obvious that she likes Mike?

"Be more specific." Max swallowed hard,

"You hate Elven, don't you? You are jealous of her." Nancy accused.

"What the hell? Why would I hate or be jealous of her? Although, if i hate her it's none of your business." Max went off at her.

"Woah chill, I just asked a question." And with that, the brown haired girl eyed Max down and then left the room, leaving Max to her thoughts.

" And with that, the brown haired girl eyed Max down and then left the room, leaving Max to her thoughts

Max went hungry some time later in the night, and so she went down to the kitchen, to eat. But another part of her wanted to see him.

She tip toed to the kitchen, and opened the fridge. She found a leftover pizza Smiling from ear to ear, she began eating. After she finished,

Max climbed up the stairs, disappointment filled her. She just wanted to see his face. But he wasn't there.

The next Morning came quickly, and Max felt herself settling into a new routine. Except this week it included seeing Elven. Breakfast was the usual, but she had to witness the stares that were exchanged between Mike and Elven. She thought her life couldn't get more worse. But then one time in the evening, she was going to her room when she saw the pair kissing in Mike's room as his door was left ajared. She's skip lunch and go to the kitchen to eat every night.

The night before they all return to school again. Dustin, Lucas, and Will were all gathered in Mike's house. "Are you guys excited to go back to school?" Lucas asked, smiling.

"Hell yeah" was Dustin's reply.

"SURE" Will shouted happily.

"Yes, alot." Mike spared a look at El.

"What 'bout you Ma-"

"No."

The boys looked at each other, and then Lucas leaned in and whispered, "They're saying a new boy is transferring to our school".

  "Oh really?" The words got out of Max's mouth before she could stop herself. And Mike looked at her, a questioning look painted his face. Max blushed, she could feel his stare, yet she didn't look back at him.

Dustin whistled.

"I meant who would transfer to such a shitty school" Max snorted.

"You." El. Stated. It was true though.

Time went quickly and the boys had to get back home, Mike had escorted them out and El. Went to sleep, while Max waved them goodbye. It was only Mike amd Max standing by the door way.

A minute passed as they were staring in each other's eyes, both deep in thoughts. Max was the one to break the eye contact, "I'll be off then. Good night," she said, as she took the first step To her room.

"Max!" She stopped dead in her tracks and faced him.

"Can we start from the beginning?"

"Start what?" She asked, and he rubbed his hands awkwardly.

"Everything. I, uh, was wrong. I judged you, I shouldn't have I'm sorry, can we be friends?" He shyly and nervously stuttered out these words. A part of Max was hurt by his word friends, she wanted more than that. But another part of her was pleased. Finally, a progress. She must have been out for a few as he called out for her

"Max?" Did she really wanna be just friends with him? Suddenly she felt as though he'd just FriendZoned her.

////////////////////////

Ooof Mike Just FriendZoned her lmfao😂😂
What do u expect Max's answer will be?

Thank you guys for reading my story! And those who comment, I really appreciate u! Your comments motivates me and makes me write more.

Also, my exams starts next week and I won't be able to update regularly. But don't worry! I'll continue this story.

-Loves u💗