Finally, you were on the all too familiar winding road to your Grandparents lake house that you'd been coming to every year since before you could hold your head up. Grayson saw the smile growing on your face and smiled himself, he loved seeing you happy. But even if you were beyond excited, the thought of your Dad not liking Grayson was still picking at your mind. You wanted him to love him just as you did, but knowing him he'd probably try and scare him away. 

     Your breath hitched in your throat when Grayson found a parking space behind a black car that you recognized right away. Reid. Your ex-boyfriend, the only boy your father ever even partially approved of. What was he doing here? "Well, we're here," Grayson announces, unaware of the thoughts in your head. "Yeah." He cocked his brow at you and moved a few strands of hair from your face. "Are you okay?" He asks, pressing the back of his hand to your forehead. "Yeah, I'm just excited for you to meet my family." You say, only partially lying. He smiled and got out, walking around to your side to open your door. You decided on leaving your things in the car until later that night. Grayson laced his fingers with yours and allowed you to lead him toward the massive house. 

     Your Aunt Lydia was the first to spot you and run in your direction with a smile on her face. "Y/N! And who is this handsome man?" She asks, hugging you and looking at your stunner. "This is my boyfriend Grayson. Grayson this is my Dads sister, Lydia." I introduce. He wasn't shy at all, welcoming her into a hug that she enjoyed maybe too much. Continuing on you were greeted by a few of your younger cousins who were playing outside and then your Uncle who was chatting on the phone and offered a wave. You kept your eye out for Reid, ready to avoid him. 

     As you stepped into the house it was unusually quiet. "Wow, this place is beautiful." Grayson awes, looking around at the decor. "Well thank you, young man, but I don't think we've officially met. I'm Y/N's Grandmother." Your Grandma pipes up, turning the corner from the kitchen. He grinned and stuck his hand out for a shake, but instead she pulled him into her embrace. "I'm Grayson." He says and she smiles, hugging you. "I know all about you Mr. Dolan. I watch your videos with my granddaughter." She says, making him blush. Your most recent video done together was 'Reading Dirty Fanfic About Eachother' which he was now aware your Grandma had seen. "Come on. Your Moms in the kitchen." She says, pulling you toward the room. 

     Low and behold there was your Mother placing deviled eggs into a dish. "My baby!" She squeals rounding the counter to tackle you with love. You laughed and let got of Grays' hand long enough to embrace her. "Mom, I brought someone I want you to meet," I say, squished against her. "Oh yes! The boyfriend!" She pipes, turning toward him and putting her freshly manicured hand to his chest. "He's handsome. Does he have a name?" She asks, keeping her hand pressed to his peck. "Grayson. Grayson Dolan." He answers with a kind grin. Your mother went on to ask him questions like what he did for a living as if he wasn't the topic of your conversations over the phone. While she and her Grandma kept him busy with questions you excused yourself to find your Dad and Grandpa who you were told were manning the barbeque in the backyard. Walking onto the patio, your smile faltered. Sure enough, they were there, accompanied by none other than Reid himself. He was actually the first to notice your presence. "Y/N!" He declares, making both your Dad and Grandad turn. Your Father approached you with a wide grin set on his face and his arms open. You welcomed him, your Grandpa making it a group hug seconds later.

     "I'm glad you're here. You must be tired from driving so long." Your Dad comments as if you didn't tell him you were bringing Grayson. "I actually didn't drive at all. My boyfriend wouldn't let me." You reply, exaggerating the word boyfriend. "Oh, so you did bring him. Well, where is he?" He asks, looking around you. "He's in the kitchen with Mom and Grandma being interrogated." You say, making your Grandpa laugh. "Well while he's busy you can spend some time with us." He says patting a patio chair. You obliged and sat down, while he went back to what he was doing. "Boyfriend, huh?" Reid asks, sipping out of the cup in his hand. You nodded, not interested in speaking to him. "What's his name?" He asks, eyeing you up and down. "Grayson." You answer blatantly. "Very feminine, don't you think?" He chuckles, assuming his jab at your boyfriend's name would make you laugh. "My middle name's Bailey so that's even worse." You hear the angelic voice coming toward you, bringing a smile to your face. "So you're the infamous YouTuber, huh?" Reid asks his attention now on Gray. 

     Grayson grabbed your hand lightly stroking his thumb across the back of it. "I guess so if you want to put it like that." He says, shoving his free hand in his jean pocket. "I guess it's nice having a job where you don't have to be a man." Reid prods like he wants to start a fight. "Reid." You warn, giving him a look. "I'm sorry, are you a cousin of Y/N's?" Grayson asks, trying to hide the fact that he wanted to knock his lights out. "Actually no. I'm her ex-boyfriend." Reid smirks, holding his hand out. Graysons thumb stopped rubbing circles on your hand and instead proceeded to clench his jaw. "Nice to meet you." He speaks, shaking Reid's hand. 

     Your Dad joined in the intense moment and shook Grayson's hand. "I'm Y/D/N. Y/N's Dad." He says, nodding toward you. "I'm Grayson. Y/N's boyfriend. It's nice to meet you, sir." Grayson introduces, holding your hand tighter as he spoke. "I heard my wife and Mother interrogated you. They tend to talk quite a lot." He jokes your Grandpa chuckling. They all greeted each other before your Dad turned to you. "Y/N why don't you go inside and help with the food. I want to have some guy time with your new boyfriend here." Your Dad says, his hand planted on Grayson's strong shoulder. "I don't know Dad." You say, one of your hands on Grayson's stomach, scared to leave him alone with him. "I'll be okay." He assures, kissing your temple. You nodded and went into the house, joining in on making lunch.

     For the rest of the day, you noticed something was off about Grayson. He'd been so ready to meet everyone and now he simply waves and blatantly answers questions whenever asked. You were sat beside him on a pool chair by the lake, in charge of watching the kids swim. You lay your head on his shoulder and traced the tattoos on his thigh. "Are you okay?" You ask, not looking up from his leg. Just an 'mhm' escaped his lips. "Well, that tells me you aren't. What happened with my Dad?" You ask moving your head and looking at him worriedly. "It's not your Dad, he was great. But...what the hell is your ex doing here? Did you know he was coming?" He asks looking hurt. It broke your heart. "No Gray I swear I didn't know he'd be here." You say, looking up at him. He nodded believing you and looked up to make sure the kids were okay. "He pulled me aside and told me he was your first." He mumbles, not meeting your gaze. "That's true, but hey - you're going to be my last. I love you, Grayson." You hearten, lifting his chin up and kissing him softly on the lips with all the passion you could muster at that moment. It seemed to work to because within minutes he was back to his bubbly self and in the water to play with your small cousins who hung off of him like playground equipment.

     "I like him." Your Moms voice professes, taking the empty seat beside you with what looked to be a margarita in her hand. "I see how he looks at you, he truly loves you." You smiled watching him splash around like a child. "Mom, what is Reid doing here?" You question, turning to look at her. She sighed, sipping the drink and closing her eyes. "Your Dad thought he'd scare Grayson away. I know it's stupid and I tried talking him out of it, but he's so stubborn." She explains, disappointment written across her features. You were stunned. "He wants to scare him away?" You ask, your blood boiling. This was low, even for him. "Just let it go, honey, we both know it's not going to happen. That boy loves you too much to let some dick chase him off." She says, watching the children in the lake. 

     Later that night after eating and avoiding any form of communication with your Dad you were now getting ready for bed. Grayson was bringing the suitcases up to the house where he insisted you stay and wait for him. "Where's he sleeping?" You ask your Grandmother who waited beside you, drinking tea. "I suppose with you." She blurts, making you laugh sarcastically. "Oh yeah, that would spite Dad, wouldn't it?" You say annoyed. "I suppose your right. I guess he can sleep in one of the guest rooms with Reid and the boys." She suggests. You didn't want to put him in the same room as your asshole of an ex but if you wanted to have a pleasant weekend you'd have to. 

     Once you broke the news of the sleeping arrangements to Grayson his face went pale. "Baby, I love you but if he pushes me too far tonight I'm going to hurt him. He doesn't even know me and has already figured out my weak spot. You." He freaks, hands gripping your own, standing in the middle of the hallway in his pajamas. "Baby, just ignore him and get some rest. I'll be in there first thing in the morning to get you up. Okay?" You ask, playing with his fluffy curls. He let out a heavy sigh and leaned his head on yours. "I miss Ethan." He mumbles with a cute smile. You rolled your eyes and kissed him softly until someone clearing their throat broke it up. Your Dad. Mentally choking him, you glared at him and then looked back at Gray. "Goodnight." You say in unison and shooed him off to the bedroom, before ignoring your Dads presence and going to your room to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------

PART TWO WILL BE UP EVENTUALLY!!!!!

-Renee (: