|Chp. 38: A Bear with the Scar|

Start from the beginning

The polar bear was larger than Eden for one. Racked with muscle. But that was not what set it off from Eden. Not it's size, not it's superior muscle to Eden's build. Not even close to what made it different then Eden.

A scar that went over it's eye.

A deep scar. What the hell was a polar bear doing here? Lupa went on edge her hackles going on end as it showed teeth.We were about to fight a polar bear. We were so doomed. We couldn't fight a polar bear without a weapon.

Then a boy stepped out. No boy didn't describe him, a man. He was tall and muscular like the bear. He had pure white hair down to his shoulders and deep brown eyes. And the same exact scar running across his face. His eyes settled on me making me go still.

"You know my brother?" He asked. I was in shock as he walked forward. The bear followed. Lupa growled a warning and his eyes shifted to Lupa. Hate was quick to cover his face. He sneered before turning back to me anger filling his eyes at me not answering.

"Do you know my brother Quinn?" He asked once more. Quinn had a brother? One that wasn't young? Oh this would of been nice to know. Was he wanted? Was Quinn a criminal? Was that why he refused to talk about his life? I backed up not wanting to be here anymore.

When I went to run he chased me and pinned me down. "I asked a question!" He yelled flipping me over. I was frantic trying to kick him off me. Lupa was quick into action and grabbed him by his arm and sunk her teeth in and went to trying to rip him off of me.

He snarled. Literally snarled. Just as he hit her the bear came and grabbed her by the scruff of her neck and tossed her. Lupa yelped as she went flying and hit the ground hard. He smirked before going for my throat to pin me down and choke me out.

I dug my knee into him. "G-G-Get off of me!" I managed out trying to kick him off. He glared at me while using his clear body weight to his advantage putting it down on all of me leaving no room for me to toss him off.

Then I heard the yelp and turned to it. The bear had Lupa pinned down his muzzle around her throat. Panic went into me as Lupa struggled in the bear's grasp kicking her paws out frantically trying to escape his grasp. "Stop struggling or I'll have him snap her neck and we'll see how long you live without a spirit animal." He said.

Lupa looked at me. I stopped watching her with fear. "Let go of her Claw." He said and the bear released her. However he didn't get off of me. "Now answer my question, do you know my brother Quinn and his bear Eden?" He asked.

Lupa looked at me with fear. "Yes." I managed out and he let go of me and I was quick to gasp for breath holding my throat. Lupa came running over and began licking the tears from my face and got over me to shield me from any danger.

He stood up. "Now I'll ask you another question, where is my dear little brother?" He asked. "He left, he left with them." I said in fear getting up and hiding behind Lupa. "With them? Be more specific wolf." He said. "He left with the bears." I said.

"I can smell the bears, Claw do you think there is a place full of bears?" He asked the bear who nodded. "A base full of bears. How interesting? I wonder what my little brother has been doing all this time?" He asked with a mischievous smirk. He turned to me.

Then he bent down and grabbed me and brought me up. "And where is Quinn headed, care to enlighten me little wolf?" He asked. "To the city." I said in fear. "The city? Quinn hates the city, stop lying if you value your life." He said looking at me.

"I'm not lying, he is going to a base in the city with the bears to take it back." I said as Lupa watched me prepared to strike. "Well I guess I have to pay this city a visit." He said standing up before looking at me with a bit of a smirk.

"You little wolf. Your coming with. Your going to lead me to him, and if you betray me, I'll have your head." He said. Running to Ruby wasn't an option. I had a feeling he'd knock through those bears like they were nothing. All I could do was stand up.

"Go on little wolf lead the way I'm getting impatient." He said. I watched him before looping the path to where they had left. The snow covered the hoofprints but I knew that's where they had headed. "This trail." I said as Lupa kept close to me. 'I don't like this at all.' Lupa said.

I nodded in agreement. This was defiantly not a situation I had wanted to get caught in. Trapped by a polar bear leading him to his brother. Quinn, why couldn't you take me with you? All I could do was leas this aggressive male polar bear to Quinn. Maybe he could save me.

Save me from this scarred bear.

1653. So you met Quinn's older brother. And don't know his name either. It'll be revealed later, but you do know the bear's name Claw. So do you think Quinn is a criminal? You'll find out at the end of the book and the start of Vol. 2, trust me it'll be exciting. * * *