|Chp. 6: The fields and forest|

The next morning I woke up alone with my arms draped around Lupa who was making small woof sounds in her sleep. Her legs would also run in place. I stretched my arms out and peaked through the tent. Outside was Quinn.

He was staring at the dying fire now that had some meat over it. Breakfast no doubt. That thought made me smile. He didn't seem tired so I assumed he got some nice sleep. Eden was out there as well watching Quinn no doubt talking to him for only Quinn to hear like every other spirit animal could do.

Lupa's eyes opened and she looked at me. 'What are you doing?' Lupa asked. "Quinn's awake and making breakfast." I told her my voice a hushed whisper. However the whisper did fall on a certain bear's ears causing Quinn to turn around.

His brown eyes shifted over to my amber colored ones. "Your awake." Quinn said before turning to the fire were he had meat that I bought from the city roasting. The box was now buried in the ground. I could see the upturned soil were the box was no doubt buried.

And Eden's dirty paws. Lupa usually did the digging as she enjoyed it, but she was fast asleep with me. Lupa was the first one out of the tent and I headed over to Quinn and sat down. His eyes shifted the fire and flames reflected from them. Not large flames though.

Quinn was in his shirt made of cotton that I bought from the city, thick pants and a fur cloak. The top was surrounded by the hide of a rabbit and it was pure fur and it kept that part warm. The inside was lined by fur and wool.

His typical attire coat for when the cold hit. And the cold slowly crept in. I had a sheepskin long coat that buttoned up or could be used to pull around you. It was from the shepherd and used when we butchered some of the sheep we bought and ate them and use the wool and things like that.

Quinn stood up and took the meat from the fire before looking at the nearly new finished tent. Ours was better. It had been here longer and had the almost grass woven roof over it along with logs, sticks, and anything we could find.

Their tent was big though and I could see the silhouette of the brown bear. Quinn gave me my breakfast and Eden and Lupa's who were happy to eat it before going into the tent to rouse the sleeping bears. I pulled apart the rabbit once more with my fingers and happily ate it.

When finished Lupa licked my fingers clean before chewing on the bone that was in the rabbit meat. After that I looked around our little establishment. It seemed more. . . established with the second tent which I hated to admit. But it did look nice here. I glanced inside of our tent.

There was some weapons in there. Quinn came out followed by Erick and his bear Theo. Quinn was taller than Erick and more muscular. He was the biggest one here and tallest with me being the shortest and smallest. Never underestimate me though, I can pack a hell of a punch if desired.

"Those two will eventually get up. They're always protesting getting up when the cold comes." Erick said. Quinn nodded before going back over to the food and getting his portions while Erick and Theo got theirs before deciding where to sit. Erick thought it'd be appropriate to sit next to me.

Quinn glanced at Erick who watched me as I scratched Lupa behind her ear. "I'm not a wolf expert, but I do believe you prefer to run in packs." Erick said and I glanced up and gave him a fierce glare. Quinn didn't say anything.

"Is there a reason you are with a polar bear instead of other wolves?" Erick asked and I clenched my fist. I wanted to break his nose then break it back into place. I didn't like my past being talked about and Erick was bringing it up which brought up memories I didn't want to confront.

"It is none of your business." I told him clenching Lupa's fur who looked at me. 'It is alright Silver, he is just curious. Trying to pick us apart so he'll be able to convince us to join his cause.' Lupa said which calmed me down some.