|Chp. 3: The Chase|

How long this chase would be I had no idea? The walk took an hour, but it was good that I had stamina. I could hopefully get to the camp in time and have Quinn ward off the bear. That was what I was hoping for.

Not having to deal with this bear would be a luxury. Thankfully I got the necklace in the satchel and shut the satchel. Now it was bouncing at my side, but the strap was sturdy and didn't slow me down much as I was use to running with prey.

It was a wolf trait. To drag back prey three times bigger then themselves to eat later on which is why I could run and bring back heavy things. The bear boy was chasing after me, but bears weren't known for speed as they were for their strength.

Yes they could run like any animal, but not like a fox or wolf. A fox would run circles around a bear as could a wolf if they really tried and I was really trying. "Please wait!" He called out once again and I made the mistake of looking over my shoulder.

He was chasing after me with the big brown bear following him. If they caught me and realized I wasn't a bear there was a chance that the bear was going to maul me. So it depended on my life to not let the bear catch me and make it back to camp.

Or find Quinn when he was hunting or even Lupa and stand my ground as a wolf. I could trick them into thinking I had a pack even. Usually when there was one wolf there was bound to be others and having a pack on the bear's hand would not be what he wanted.

So with that I continued on racing through the forest. The city was out of our way now so no other animals would find us and try to kill us. These woods were know for deer, caribou, and a few boars, maybe an occasional coyote who got brave.

But right now all I saw were birds taking flight far away when I came running and the bear came crashing through. I heard the bear let out a roar making the boy scold him as it caused me to speed up in fear of them catching me.

I could not be caught. I wouldn't be caught. Lupa probably could feel the fear of the chase as I ran from the bear. Similar to how I felt her thrill of the hunt she was on with Quinn and I tried to focus on that.

If the bear smelled my fear they'd use it to their advantage. I was a wolf for crying out loud, I shouldn't be afraid. We were fearsome courageous creatures and I should stand my ground. But there was only me. Once I found Quinn, Eden or Lupa I'd stand my ground with backup.

But for now I continued as the bear chased me through the woods. Branches flew at me that I dodged, but I recognized the forest I was in and made my way back to camp. I'd take a climbing tree at this point to escape the bear.

"Please stop!" He yelled once more and I turned around to see him slow. This was my chance to escape. I would escape and outrun the bear and make sure Quinn was on guard as I didn't put it past the bear to come and search me out because he stopped.

I leaped over a log and continued on before pausing to catch my breath. Then I looked back which was my mistake. He gone and got reinforcements. A black haired boy shorter than him stood there with a black bear next to him and I rolled my eyes in desperation.

"Listen-" The brunette started and I took off once more the forest spinning around me as I ran. I ran as fast as I could. No matter what happened I wouldn't let the two bears catch me. And my odds of standing against the brunette bear faded when the black bear appeared.

One wolf against two bears was not a good combination. I took off as fast I could, not going to let the bears catch me. A bird had a better chance at catching me right now, I was running like the wind. Letting the wind carry me and give me speed as the forest flew by.

"Will you stop?" The black haired one yelled and I turned around while running. Then gave him the finger as my wolf nature came into play to taunt him. It took all my might not to stand my ground and go at them, but I needed to run.

"Maybe we should get Ruby, you know girl to girl." The black haired one said and I simply ran faster. "Yeah." Brunette said and black haired one diverged path. Maybe I should stand my ground with a glance over my shoulder I decided not to upon meeting the brunette's eyes.

My goal was to get back to camp, maybe grab a weapon and make a stand. Then I remembered my dagger and I reached down which was very awkward and made attempts to grab the dagger and I probably looked quite crazy right now as I was kicking out my leg in attempts to grab the dagger.

But still stay running as the satchel full of meat, clothing and a necklace bounced. Just as I grabbed the dagger a black haired girl came charging at me and I narrowly dodged and the dagger went sprawling and I fell and the dagger went flying.

I glanced up at the girl who watched me. With that I abandoned the dagger, adjusted the satchel then took off once more. "Oh my gosh, we just want to talk!" The girl yelled, but I still ran not even going to give them a chance to catch up.

Lupa's thrill of the hunt was replaced by worry when she sensed my fear and no doubt was going to alert Quinn and Eden which would no doubt save the day. I had been running for twenty minutes and stopped once to catch breath and grab a dagger.

Lupa no doubt had sensed my fear and was getting Quinn on the case as these bears chased me like no tomorrow. "Please stop!" The brunette yelled once again, but I continued on not giving the bear a chance to get to me.

I continued running at full speed my leather boots kicking up dirt as the three bears pursued me. A glance behind showed two black bears running behind the brown bear. Yeah not letting them catch me. I was running as fast as I could away from the bears and back to camp.

The forest got familiar and more familiar so I ran faster as I knew camp was nearing. I spent five more exhausting minutes of running with the bears hot on my tail when the camp neared and I saw Eden's large white form laying down keeping guard and he never looked so good.

"Eden!" I began to scream and his huge head perked up as I came charging. He looked confused upon seeing me and then his face contorted into anger when seeing the bears. He got up and came charging over as I ran as fast as I could.

I tripped on the way and looked right up as the brown bear loomed over. Before it could do anything Eden went slamming his body weight into him and I got up. The brown bear caught itself as Eden stood up and roared at the brown bear who roared back at Eden.

There was about to be a bear fight with me right in the middle.

1306. Little short, but needed. * * *