|Chp. 28: Moving and Prey|

A week in two days. That's how long we stayed before everyone was ready to leave. The tents were burned except the fur covers. We kept those and stored them with the rest of the furs we had packed with everything.

We had a nice meat count to keep us going for this journey. Erick said he knew how to get there as we were near it to be exact. The base was up north and that's where we had gone. North. Quinn seemed a bit excited at the concept of a safe haven.

Although I couldn't blame him though. Most bears, foxes, and wolves would be as well. A safe haven meant no more running. A place where you didn't have to live in constant fear of being hunted down by the city animals. It was a dream to all of us.

And Erick was working to make that dream true. The day we got ready to leave we evenly distributed everything. The bears were given things to pull, the mule was given his weight limit of things, the horses had things in their saddle bags and we all carried things as well.

My satchel was around me when I got on the spunky brown mare. Once more we were selected to go first. Ruby got on the tall spotted horse and Hiro the paint who he declared to actually be a dark golden palomino color. The other three walked with the bears keeping up the flank.

Lupa stayed at the front prepared for any danger. She had a little bag attached to her full of lightweight blankets, clothes, and things like that. Although we put on a nice amount of clothes to keep ourselves warm and put blankets on the horses to keep them warm.

I wore my sheepskin coat on with pants made of fur themselves lined with bits of cotton and a cotton shirt lined with fur. The brown horse I was on had a deer blanket on her back to keep her warm. She was full of energy once more, all of them were.

But we kept to a walk to make sure they kept that energy. Ruby actually stayed near me and talked a bit with Raegan keeping an eye on her. Ruby wore her gloves proudly and held to the reins. Raegan stayed near her ready to help her if needed.

Ruby wore fur pants as well along with a thick cotton shirt and bundled up in a fur cloak and jacket. She wore boots as well to keep her warm. Along with her gloves that held the reins in a tight grip. Her long black hair was down covering her neck.

Raegan was in his fur pants as well and a leather shirt lined with fur and a cloak over his shoulders along with boots. Erick wore fur pants, one made from the moose and a shirt made from fur along with his own fur cloak made from a fluffy black fur that he came with along with boots.

Hiro wore a similar attire except his shirt was cotton so he was bundled up in a thick fur jacket along with boots that I could see fur in. Fur lined boots, mine weren't that. I had gotten mine from a town and they were just leather.

Quinn wore his fur pants, his fur shirt with a piece of armor in the front. And then his cloak draped across his wide shoulders and cinched in the front. He wore his gloves as well and his shirt was a long sleeved one along with boots.

The animals had their fur to protect them. Lupa was ahead her paws sinking into the snow as we continued on. We left a day ago from the site and were making good progress. Erick kept in the front with Lupa who wasn't that bothered by him which was good.

Eden and Theo took turns as the last bear due to them being the largest bears that could fight. And Izuki at the top in the back. Quinn looked up at me ad smiled as the brown mare snorted and shook her hair from the snowflakes that were falling from the sky.

It was snowing out with snowflakes falling on us. We were all bundled up even more because of that to keep warm. The bears had a proper plan and brought wood to keep us warm with the fires, two logs a night to get the fire started which was smart.