|Chp. 36: Best Friends Till Death|

Quinn came with me to the barn to get the horses tacked up. We put their big saddles with the horn on and their blankets. Eden and Lupa stayed off to the side and watched us before we got on them and put the things in the saddlebags.

Once we were done we went out of the base. The bears let us out as Lupa trotted ahead and Eden kept behind us holding up the back. The horses wore these boots that the place had provided for when they were in the snow.

I smiled as the brown mare kept to a walk with Lupa trotting ahead. "I'd ask if you had any place in mind, but I know you haven't gone very far yet. But Erick said they're is a nice swing set that they made for when the adults and people our age got out." Quinn said and I nodded at that.

"It should be on this trail." Quinn said leading us down a trail and Lupa trotted ahead. "Your not mad about that bear right?" I asked Quinn. "Of course not. I would of done the same thing." Quinn responded and I nodded at that.

"Raegan had no idea that Jackson was taunting Ruby this entire time. He's serious about everything as well keeping Jackson away. Erick is talking about relocating Jackson just for that." Quinn said and I nodded. We passed them when we went out with the horses and they were talking about that.

"So that's not normal behavior?" I asked. "No, it's not." Quinn answered and I nodded as we continued on the horses. "I miss you not being with me at night." I told Quinn and he nodded. "Same, it's weird not waking up with you." Quinn said with a smile.

"But least we have warmer rooms now. And you can have Lupa sleep with you. Eden weights too much to get on the bed. It'd break underneath him." Quinn said and I nodded at that as I brushed bits of hair from my face as I kept the reins in my hand.

Quinn glanced at me from atop the spotted horse. "Do you get cold at night?" I asked Quinn. "A little, but not a lot. I keep the fire at a low dim at night. By the time the night watch puts out the fire I'm passed out." Quinn said and I nodded at that.

"What about you, do you get cold at night?" Quinn asked. "Sometimes, but I bury myself in blankets and cling to Lupa to steal her warmth." I told Quinn who smiled. "Sounds like you." Quinn said with a smile and I nodded.

"It's weird with you no longer hugging me in your sleep. I'm so used to waking up to you practically on top of me when winter hits." Quinn said and I nodded. "But this place is nice." Quinn said looking around at the trees that were coated in snow.

The bay horse's hooves dug into the snow as Lupa trotted ahead. 'There is a clearing up ahead that we can stop at.' Lupa told Quinn and I. Quinn nodded before we spurred the horses off into a trot to where the clearing was. Eden picked up the speed before we arrived.

Quinn unmounted before tying the horses up before taking out the hay he brought with and dropping it for them to eat. Quinn took out a thick wooly fur before setting it down for us to sit on. Quinn took out some food as well and two skins of some sort of drink.

"What kind of drink?" I asked Quinn. "Tea." Quinn said and I nodded before taking a sip. Thankfully the tea didn't come with a bitter flavor, it came with a somewhat pleasant flavor that I didn't mind. Quinn smiled at me before he went back to his skin of tea.

"So we ate already, but the chefs were making little pastries so I stole some. They're called cookies." Quinn said taking out a sweet smelling round shaped food. Lupa's nostrils flickered out as Eden sat around Quinn and I as a barrier in a way. Lupa was on the other side.

Quinn leaned over and handed the cookie to me which I accepted before taking a bite. It was good to my surprise, very sweet and soft as well. "It's good." I told Quinn who smiled at me as he took a sip of his tea before setting it down and taking a cookie himself.

"So I've been thinking a little." Quinn said drumming his fingers on his leg. "Thinking about what?" I asked with a small smile. "The whole situation. I'm thinking of going on that mission with Erick. We just arrived here and everything, but I want them to know we'll help." Quinn said.

I nodded at that. "Will I be able to come with you?" I asked Quinn. "You'd have to ask Erick that, but I would prefer that you didn't come with." Quinn said and I tilted my head to the side. "Why?" I asked and Quinn sighed.

"Silver, your like my best friend to me. You mean a lot to me. Very few people have meant a lot to me. If you were to get hurt because of me, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. I want you here where you will be safe and out of the line of fire." Quinn said.

"That's a little unfair." I told Quinn. "I'm sorry Silver. It sounds pretty selfish wanting to keep you out of everything." Quinn said and I nodded. "Would you feel the same way if I was a male?" Quinn asked and he bit his lip.

"Most likely." Quinn said. "There's still that part of you that says you wouldn't feel the same." I told Quinn who nodded at that. "Your a girl Silver." Quinn said rubbing his arm and cracking his fingers before looking at Eden who huffed at him before looking back at me and then him.

"And I try hard not to have that influence my actions. But it's nature to me. To keep a girl away from danger. I don't like the thought of you putting yourself in danger when I could of prevented it. And I know you hate that, so I try to suppress this, but it's different now." Quinn said.

"How's it different?" I asked. "Well now this is the city. I know you can hold your own against a bear, a fox, and even a wolf if it's just one. But these are city animals, they're unknown territory and it scares me knowing you could get hurt." Quinn said.

I nodded at that. "I think once I go there and find out what this is all about the next mission you could go on. But I don't like walking in blind places while not knowing what could be going on. I don't like it at all." Quinn said and I nodded.

"I know it seems like I'm being really controlling right now. But I promise after this I won't do anything like it again." Quinn said as he took a bite of his cookie while leaning up against Eden for support as Lupa kept her head on my lap.

"Promise?" I asked Quinn who nodded at that. "I hope you understand. Just don't get into trouble here while I'm gone. Esmeralda and Ruby will be here. Esmeralda to handle Ruby and make sure the bear stays away from her." Quinn said and I nodded at that.

"You'll come back though right?" I asked Quinn who nodded at that. "Of course I'll come back. We're just going and taking over that base, establishing it for the bears. Erick has a trusted bear leader going to rule it with the tiger." Quinn said and I nodded at that.

"But I promise Silver that I will be coming back so don't worry about that." Quinn said leaning over to me. He smiled at me and brushed some hair from my face before leaning forward and wrapping his arms around me in a hug making me smile at this before hugging him back.

Quinn was warm and seemed to be a bit taller than before like he was growing even more. I set my chin on his shoulder as Quinn hugged me before pulling back. His warmth left me as Eden shifted away from us to go grab some of the berries Quinn had brought with.

Lupa was drinking some of the water that Quinn had set out. Her amber eyes flicked over to mine as Quinn glanced at me. His chocolate brown eyes met my amber ones and we stared at each other for a moment before we both turned red and moved away.

"Well uh, it's nice to here you aren't too mad about staying here. I'll be sure to make it up when we get back. I promise Silver. We'll have this made up and you'll enjoy it." Quinn said and I nodded as he began putting up the things as I took a sip of the tea.

That cold tea felt nice coursing through my heated up body now. I could feel the heat in my cheeks as Quinn packed the things up his cheeks just as red as mine. Eden stood up and shook his coat the light reflecting off it making it turn a white color.

Quinn turned to me as he began putting the things up in the saddlebags of the horses as I helped him as we put the things up. Once we were done Quinn turned to me sucking in some breath before giving me a half hug.

"Promise you won't get into any trouble?" Quinn asked and I nodded and he smiled. Quinn nodded as we mounted the horses. And rode back unaware of the troubles heading our way.

1624. Yes they almost kissed. There is an attraction between the two, but they push it aside. But yes something is going to be happening. Trust me it's going to be awesome. The tiger character will be introduced and a character you won't even see coming. * * *