|Chp. 30: A Base of Bears|

I was quiet as I sat on the brown mare as Erick stopped at the gate. "Rin, it's Erick, let us in." Erick said to the man at the gate. "Who are the other two?" The man Rin asked and I could feel his brown eyes on Quinn and I.

"We found some recruits, now I'd like to get to bed. . . in my own bed. So come on let us in. We have some things to get sorted." Erick said. Rin nodded before the big gates creaked open and I felt anxious.

"Welcome." Erick said stepping forward and Quinn took the reins of the mare from me and walked her forward. The sun was mostly set as we came in. Raegan got off of the palomino gelding and Ruby off the spotted one. I slipped off of the brown horse as Rin came over.

"Rin get the stalls cleaned out and cover them in the shavings we have for the chickens, feed these horses and get them some water." Erick said as the other bear came over before they took the horses after we all took our things from them. Lupa looked around.

There were bears outside and Lupa's hackles went up. My eyes shifted to a little girl sitting down with a bear cub between her legs. The cub was black and white. The girl got black and white colored hair and soft brown eyes and she looked up at Lupa who put her ears back.

"Puppy!"

'Oh my god.' Lupa muttered as the girl raced over. Lupa began backing up just as the girl grabbed her cheeks. "She's so cute! I want to keep her!" She insisted. Erick smiled at the girl. "Lei, you can't rush up at her like that." Erick said touching her shoulders.

"Why not?" The little girl asked. "Because she's not a puppy, this puppy bites and you don't want to get bite Lei." Erick said. "Can we name her Princess?" Lei asked and Lupa glared at her. "Lei her name is Lupa." Erick said. "Princess Lupa?" Lei asked slyly.

That's when Rin came jogging over. "Come on Lei, don't bother Erick." Rin said picking her up and she whined. "But daddy, I'm not bothering him." Lei whined. Well then. "Oh she's fine Rin, just be sure she doesn't come running up on these two." Erick told Rin who nodded. "Other than that she's fine." Erick said.

"Ok come on sweetie." Rin said carrying the girl away who waved bye to Erick who smiled and waved back. "Ok, Raegan, Ruby you two can head to bed." Erick said. "Hiro go make sure they are putting the horses away and feeding them then you can head to bed." Erick said.

All three disappeared as Erick turned to us. "Ok we're going to get you two to the bedrooms." Erick said taking some bags and leading us to a building. Erick opened a door. "This is the male's bedroom." Erick announced and he walked down the hallway to a door.

It was massive and made of wood. Erick opened it. "This your room." Erick told Quinn who walked in. I went to walk in but Erick stopped. "But it's not your room." Erick and I glared just a bit as Erick shut the door after giving Quinn his things.

Erick led me to a hallway to where Ruby was going into a room. She smiled at me as she shut the door as Erick led me to a bedroom. He opened the door revealing a room that was uninhabited until Erick and I walked in and he set the things down.

"There is a fireplace, a dresser, and then a bed. That door leads to your own bathroom. A tub and a toilet." Erick said and I nodded. "So get unpacked, get some rest and in the morning I'll come get you and Quinn for the tour." Erick said and I nodded.

With a sigh I looked around the room as Lupa leaped up on the bed as I put the furs on it. I was quick to kindle a small fire and then close the little door before climbing into the bed letting sleep consume my tired body.

~~~

"Silver it's time to wake up." I groaned as Quinn shook me awake. "But I'm tired." I told him. "You want a good breakfast right?" Quinn asked. "Yes." I said opening my sleep bound eyes. "Then get up so we can get the good food." Quinn said and with a groan I pushed myself up.