|Chp. 13: A Hunt|

Quinn was staring at the now empty box of meat. He had just cooked the last bit of meat for breakfast and now we had nothing for dinner. Quinn ran a hand through his silver locks the same color as Eden's fur.

"That was the last of the food." Quinn said dropping the box and standing up. I looked at him. "All of it?" I asked Quinn who nodded as he went to our tent before coming back out with a spear of his. "We need to go hunting." Quinn said as Eden came over followed by Lupa.

The tent of the bears parted open as Erick came out. They had gone to the tent to eat as had we as it was beginning to get colder now. Lupa trotted up to me as Quinn picked up his spear as Erick looked over.

"We're not irritating you enough to kill us right?" Erick asked looking at the spear. "No, we just ran out of all of our food. We need to go hunting unless you want to starve some or head into town, and that isn't the most brightest idea considering the leopard butchers." Quinn said.

"And I'm not leaving Lupa here." Quinn said looking around. "We're not going to steal anything if you two go hunting." Erick said and Quinn nodded before looking around. "If it makes you feel better, I can go with Silver or send Hiro. He doesn't antagonize anyone." Erick said.

"But Lupa does." Quinn said still holding the spear making Lupa pin her ears back. "I can go with then and you can stay here with them. I'm not going to irritate Silver, I promise." Erick said and Quinn looked at Erick. Then at Eden. "Just catch a few things." Quinn said.

"Then we can really go on a big hunt after." Quinn said and I nodded. Erick went to his tent and I went to mine as Quinn followed me. "You'll be fine with him right?" Quinn asked and I nodded. "As long as he doesn't irritate me." I told Quinn who nodded.

I grabbed my carved bow and my quiver and attached it to me before putting my bow around my body. I was lean enough to do it unlike Quinn who was more stocky then me and would need a giant bow which is why Quinn used the spear and had quite the throw.

And being able to hold it and have Eden hold the prey down if needed. We tended to hunt together so Lupa could chase it down. Lupa was a very fast wolf even with her large size. And she had a nice amount of strength with that speed making it ideal to hunt.

And then my bow and arrows. The tips made of bones, sharp stones, and a few bought from the cities. And the feathers from birds I shot down. Quinn watched as I grabbed the obsidian dagger and put it in the satchel I always carried with me.

Lupa was waiting for me when I came out and I walked over to her and patted her head some making her head arch out to me. Quinn made sure the wood and stones were still intact. We had some firewood still so we were fine with that for a bit.

Hiro was out with the wooden plate of Quinn's and set it down. But he was eating a piece of fruit he brought with him. The tent opened up and Erick walked out followed by Raegan and Ruby. "You three will stay here." Erick told Raegan and the rest. Raegan nodded.

The bears came out next and Lupa watched them all come out with the eyes of a predator. Theo was the first one out, Izuki came out next, Jewel and lastly Casey. Lupa trotted over to Eden as Erick looked over at me as did Theo looked over as well.

In response Lupa came back over to be near me. "Is there any specific spots you want us to hunt in." Erick asked. He had no spear like Quinn which was fine. I could take any prey down that I decided I wanted to take down. I could see some rope with him though.

Probably to tie the prey up on his bear. Quinn did that sometimes. Lupa and I hunted small animals when we were by ourselves so we could just carry themselves back and sometimes hang them off our clothing if they were that small like small rodents.