Chapter 14: More than just a kiss?

*Unedited*

Astrid

I decided to have a walk in the forest to clear my head. My mind buzzed with thoughts of Hiccup with... her. Looking down at my feet a silent tear dropped onto the ground. I wipe my eyes. I shouldn't cry, I can't. I then feel guilty about leaving Hiccup like that. Why would he do that? After I hitting yet another poor, defenceless tree I decid to head back to Hiccup. He deserves to know the truth. Although I don't think I will ever be able to forgive him for what he did. I whistled for Stormfly as I noticed that it was a long wall back to the village.

"What took you so long?" I joke climbing onto her back. I hear her give a defiant squawk as I scratch her under the chin. "hehe, I was only teasing!" I scratched her side as she tilts her head, she likes that spot. I giggle as she suddenly opens the spikes on her tail hitting a nearby tree.

"come on girl, let's go back home!" I can tell that Stormfly is tired and hungry, so I decide to talk to Hiccup tomorrow... I mean it's not like anything is going to change over night, right?

Finally we land in the centre of the village. "come on let's walk from here!" I pat her back removing her saddle. As I pass Hiccups house I see... his door wide open. Huh, that's weird.

"you go on home Stormfly I just need to check something out..." she gives me a worried squawk as I give her a hand signal to go. She reluctantly leaves as I am left looking at Hiccups house. Walking up to Hiccups house I first peek in to see if anything bad had happened. I notice that the fire is still burning, which is weird because the door was open, that means he either left or... someone came in. I also notice that Valka isn't home yet, Good, that would just be so awkward. Walking in I sense that something isn't right...

So I decide to walk upstairs to check on Hiccup but only see...

nothing. Oh. I shrug my shoulders heading towards the stairs when I feel something white and horrible cover my mouth causing me to drift off as the darkness encircles me.

**************************************

I wake up to find I'm in a forest. I rub my head it hurts. What happened? "How?" I ask myself. I suddenly hear a rustling in the bushes. tiptoing up to the bush, I notice the cove down below. That's where I first kissed Hiccup. A nice memory... hmm. wait, what Hiccup and Merida are in the cove, together. Mine and Hiccups place. I see Hiccup he looks... different what's happened to him. He acts all strange around her. I've never seen him act this way. I then watch as my, which I once thought could never be broken again heart, crumbled into a thousand pieces.

"How could you?!" I yell down, forgetting everything else. The strangeness surrounding Hiccup seems to dissapear as he breaks the long passionate kiss with Merida.

"Astrid I-" I was gone before he could say another word.

Hiccup

What happened. All I remember was opening the door to go and look for Astrid and then... nothing. Apart from now. I touched my lips as I noticed what I had just done, I think. I look up at Astrid who looks like she was about to burst into tears.

"Astrid I-" was all I could say before she was gone. I looked back to question Merida, but she was no longer there. I broke her heart yet again. And knowing that I did that to her caused a tear to slip down my cheek.

"Astrid I love you..." was all I could say before I knelt down on the ground and cried and cried and cried. What have I done?