Chapter 10: Romantic flight?

*edited* ~ 28 / 05 / 2015

Astrid

Soon into the feast I left the mead hall,  even before all the speeches. Judging by the sun it was around 4 and 5. Which was good 'cause I'd promised Stormfly a night flight. (a/n - if any of you guys were wondering, Merida and the other royals all know about the dragons so yeah...) I just love to reach my arms up sifting through the clouds, just like I did with Hiccup... I really needed to get him out of my head!

I whistled for Stormfly who appeared in a matter of seconds, I gently rubbed her neck as she gave me a happy squawk in return. My eyes brightened, and a smile turned the corners of my mouth up.

"Hey girl!" i exckaimed, scratching her scaly neck just where she likes it. "You ready to go flying?" she squawked in response, nudging her head in the direction of her back as her tail wagged happily. I scrambled on to her back quickly all the while wearing my jaw breaking quickly. me her 'let's go' signal.

"come on let's soar!" I gave her a stroke on the side of her head and she squawked once again before taking off. It had been a while since I had, had a proper flight with Stormfly, I was normally cooped up all day either crying or trying to avoid Hiccup...

Stop Astrid,  just stop! I chided myself.

Hiccup

Finally! I had eventually escaped Her. Merida was non-stop moaning about her mother, her brothers,  her kingdom, her bedroom... urgh and the list just goes on!
I managed to escape her grasp by just the typical 'oh I'm so tired *yawn*' lie. I can't believe she bought it! Astrid never would have bought. Astrid. Stop Hiccup! I chided myself.

I called for Toothless so we could go on our evening flight, I did promise him after all. It's Toothless' favourite time to fly, when the clouds are peach and orange, the breeze is light and the sun is setting in the distance. Just like when I took my first flight with Astrid... Her head leaning against my shoulder, her arms around ny waist. I wish it could be like that again.

I suddenly heard the familiar sound of Toothless bounding towards me. A bit too fast... Oh no!

"Oh no, no...no...n-no bud... argh!" Do you ever know that moment when there's a time that you feel free and weightless... And then next you're buried under something extremely large and incredibly heavy? No? Well I do! As Toothless yet again pounced on top of me licking me, making sure not an inch of me was dry. Ew!

"Toothless! Hey y'know that doesn't wash out!" I exlclaimed pushing just him off. He just did that strange laughing thing that always makes me smile.

"Come on bud," I said scratching his chin just where he liked it.

A few sore moments later and soon enough we were soaring through the clouds. The wind in my face, my bestest friend below me. I'll never get used to this. Life just can't get any better.

Wait... Is that who I think it is?

"Let's get lower bud..." I jumped off of Toothless, first putting his tail onto automatic, and onto Stormfly, she felt me crawling along her, turning her head in my direction me, I quickly gestured for her to be quiet, putting my forefinger to my lips. She gave a squawk in response.

"What is it gir-" I heard the person say as I quickly grabbed her from behind causing her to jump... "Ahhhhhhhh!" she screamed.

Oops... I watched as she soars down,  down,  down. Oh no!

"Astrid!" I screamed.

Astrid

First I was having the time of my life with my one best friend. Next thing I know I was falling. This isn't the kind of soaring I was gesturing too. The last thing I heard was someone screaming my name before everything turned black...

HEY GUYS! SO WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENED? DID IT MAKE YOU LAUGH MADE ME LAUGH! I'M WEIRD!  WHAT DID YOU THINK? A ROMANTIC FLIGHT? NO? DARN!

ANYWAYS PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT!

COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!