Chapter 1: Oh Hiccup!

*edited* ~ 15 / 02 / 2015 (dd/mm/yyyy)

Hiccup

bang, bang, bang!

"Go away, five more minutes..." I requested, grumbling in my sleepy state as I tiredly rolled over. I might as well enjoy these few pleasant relaxing moments, before I was forced to get up. I knew who it would be. So, like any other day, I attempted to ignore it whilst failing miserably.

Bang! "Brrrrr!" Bang! "Brrrrrrr!" Bang!

The sounds echoed around my small room, causing it to shake as if an earthquake had struck. Well, that's one way to get me out of bed.

"Woah!" I exclaimed falling off of the bed, in surprise followed by an "ow!" as my head made contact with the hard wooden floor. That was going to leave a mark.

After rubbing my head thoroughly for a bit to make sure that I hadn't damaged anything major, I heard the very familiar swooping noise of Toothless thundering into my room, teeth beared, and before I knew it, smothering me.

"T-t-toothless.... maybe y-y-you could... get of... me... b-b-bud!" I gasped breathlessy, clutching onto my stomach with one hand and trying to push him off with the other. My recently pained head forgotten. Eventually, he stepped backwards sitting up in front of me expectantly, his head tilted, eyes wide.

"Ok we can go flying now bud," I grasped my stomach, trying to get my breath back, but only to be pounced on again as he continually licked me. "ewww Toothless.... g-get off!" he jumped back, looking ashamed as ever. But that facade, no matter how good doesn't work on me. "You know that doesn't wash out!" I exclaimed shaking my arms to remove some of the saliva that had soaked my only clothes. They stunk of dragon breath, but I didn't really care seeing as I didn't have any choice but to wear them. I guess I'd have to clean them later on.

"Grar, grar, grar!" he laughed at me, along with me shaking my arms violently at him. I think it's almost all off. He began to start rubbing his face on to the ground, attempting to wipe his saliva off of him that had landed on his face.

"Come on then bud," I laughed, he growled at me, as I made a bee line for the stairs. Before I managed to even reach the first step though, he dropped his tail right in front of me, tripping me over with his tail. This causing me to miss the step and fall down the stairs with, "Ow... ow... ow.." banging my head on each one I hit on my way down. I could hear him bounding after me, that or I was just hearing things. I thought that my fall off of the bed was bad, this-this is bloomin' torture! 

Looking up through the stars that had now blurred my vision, I saw Toothless smiling with his gummy smile hopelessly hoping that he was forgiven. Oh, Toothless. Shaking my head, but stopping abruptly at the pain I felt because of it. Rubbing my now pounding head, I let out a further, "Ow!" just to emphasise how much it had actually hurt.

"A little late wasn't that reaction?" said a voice far too close from behind me. I would know that voice anywhere, Astrid. My knees buckled and my mind whirred unexpectedly. What to say, what to say? I looked into her shining blue eyes, getting lost in them. Shaking my head trying to hide my blushing face as I noticed how awkward she had found it. The thing is, me and Astrid hadn't spoken in weeks - scratch that - months after the 'incident'. One of which, I would very much not like to recall.

"H-hi Astrid, I was just er... um-" I had begun, before she cut me off.

"Falling down the stairs?" Astrid asked sharply. It sounded rather mocking, but I couldn't blame her after what I did to her.

"But in style!" What? What was I thinking? I totally face palmed my mind, why in Valhalla would I say that? I began to blush again. She laughed, oh how I love her laugh... snap out of it Hiccup! It didn't seem as cheerful as it used to, but still had some sort of comforting light to it, leading to my insides curling up inside of me and melting.

"I better go feed Stormfly, see you at the academy for training, later Hiccup!"

"Um... bye!" I said awkwardly as soon as she was out of sight I face palmed myself.

"Sorry I forgot my axe!" she exclaimed. Oops, awkward. Move your hand away from your face Hiccup. I gave her my awkward smile lifting my hand up as if saying goodbye but never reached a wave as she was out of sight, again.

Astrid

I looked at Hiccup awkwardly, why was he looking at me like that? I felt butterflies flying around in my stomach, he seemed to be lost so I said, "H-hiccup?"

"H-hi Astrid, I was just er... um-" replied Hiccup waking up from his trance. He brushed his fingers through his hair as he struggled for words. He was so cute when he did that... snap out of it Astrid!

"Falling down the stairs?" I cut him off stating the obvious.

"But with style!" came his reply. What? Oh Hiccup, he made a funny face as he just noticed what he had said. I laughed as he began to stare at me intently even more. Oh please don't blank out again Hiccup, that would just be so awkward. Looking for an escape I said,

"I better go feed Stormfly, see you at the academy for training, later Hiccup." I backed up rather quickly, but soon noticed. oh no my axe! I walked back to the sight of Hiccup with his hand to his face, I smiled and tried not to giggle, he still hadn't noticed me, I picked up my axe before saying,

"Sorry I forgot my axe!" I watched as his hand slowly slid from his face, I watched as his cheeks reddened. I backed off trying not to elevate the awkwardness. I was gone before he could say another word. My mind buzzed as I thought of him, I shook my head trying to stop my thoughts, it just wouldn't work. I lifted my axe throwing it at the nearest tree, oh Hiccup, I thought shaking my head again. I chuckled then straightened my face.

"Why me?" I asked myself, before flailing my axe at yet another tree. I slapped my head against the tree, I wouldn't stop thinking about him, and I don't think I wanted to. "Oh Hiccup," I sighed out loud this time. "Get out of my head!" I threw the axe again with so much force the tree fell. "Oops!" I decided to head home, knowing Stormfly must be hungry. I looked back at the fallen tree before sighing yet again but rather loudly this time...

"Oh Hiccup!"

FINISHED EDITING! ANY MISTAKES? THEN PLEASE COMMENT THEM BELOW. SHOULD ALL BE IN PAST TENSE!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!