Chapter 4: Serves you right

*edited* ~ 15 / 02 / 2015

Hiccup

My eyes lazily fluttered open, but only to be blinded by the luminous light that seeped through the thin curtains. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust as I looked around the room. My hand shot straight to my head, as my head began to throb and ache.

"urgh..." I groaned.

"Yeah, um, sorry about that..." That voice sounded familiar. My eyes knocked out of its blurry vision, to stop on the most unimaginably beautiful face.

"Astrid!" I said so shocked, causing me to fall out of the bed. I quickly stood up straight, ignoring the throbbing pain from my head.

"H-hi," Astrid looked guiltily down at the floor, "I-I better go..." she turned around and rushed out of the room before I could reach to grab her arm, to stop her.

Astrid

I sped walked past the village and into the nearby forest hoping to lose Hiccup and his cries of,

"Astrid, no, wait please!" after hearing this, I began to quicken my pace, walking even faster. Just go away Hiccup! I said to my mind. I can't do this now, I won't fall for it again, for him again. Soon I began to run as I hear Hiccups cries getting louder and closer. I couldn't do this again! I couldn't, I'm not ready, my heart wasn't ready, I couldn't cope. I hid behind a nearby tree hoping to allude him.

A few moments passed and I heard the sound of cracking branches and rustling leaves - signaling Hiccups steps - getting further, and further away. finally, when I thought the coast was clear, I stepped out from my hiding place behind the tree. Phew, I thought to myself, wiping the perspiration that had slowly formed in the rush of the moment off of my forehead. With a sigh, I began to walk back to the village before...

"Boo!"

"Ahhhhh!" I sent my axe flailing, soaring through the clouds until... it lands, just missing Hiccups head by inches. "Hiccup..." I sighed, shaking my head at the guilt that was slowly rising after almost chopping the Chiefs head off. Don't get me wrong, he definitely would have deserved it, but I don't think the villagers would have found my reasoning behind it very applicable so to speak.  "You, you scared me, I..." I trailed off, thinking about all the 'what ifs'.

"Astrid, it's alright, you don't have to explain-" he tried to reassure me, patting his arms down in the air as if trying to lower my ever rising stress levels.  Suddenly, my mind snapped back into thinking.

"I shouldn't have to explain myself to you, anyway!" I shot back, eyes turning into slits - much like Toothless' when he's ever angry. His mouth gaped open for a moment, obviously trying to think of what else to say. For a split second of not thinking clearly - and seeing his bewildered expression - my face softened, feeling kind of sorry for him. But that moment wadered, and subsided, in an instant. Why should I care? I clearly didn't; not then anyway.

"Well at least let me explain myself to you-" Hiccup tried, desperately clawing onto his last strand of hope that he impossibly had left. That is, before I cut him off.

"No, I don't want to listen to anything you have to say! I gave you my heart but you just took it and stomped all over it!" I was trying to hold back the tears, which I was clearly struggling with. But I couldn't let him see me break, not again. Hiccups face changed into one of astonishment, he was gobsmacked. "I trusted you, I looked after you, heck I even loved you! But that, Hiccup, is long gone, and trust me Hiccup when I say this, I never want it to come back!" I spat at him, no care in the world about how he feels at the moment. He deserved every bad feeling he got. I wanted to make him suffer as much as I did - was still suffering. But you see, that isn't possible - a part of me knows it. A part of me doesn't want to let him go, ever.

"But Astri-"

"Goodbye Hiccup, don't speak to me ever again!" I finalized, turning around with a flick of my hair. Grabbing my axe as I bumped his shoulder roughly on the way passed him.

I left Hiccup looking at me, it looked like he was about to cry. It was heart breaking, I lied all I wanted for him to do was hold me in his arms like he once had before all of this... complicating stuff happened, I wanted for him to breathe in my scent, stroke my forehead, kiss me, his stubble rubbing against my-, no, I couldn't think like that it's over and there's nothing he could do about it.

Hiccup

I never knew that I had hurt her that much. Now I knew never to just spit on her loyalty for me. I loved her and I wanted her back. Silently, a tear strided down my cheek, but I knew it was there. Letting it sit there in punishment of what I'd done to her, what I'd done to myself.

"What have I done?" I knelt down on the ground - despite the spiky thorns, wet leaves, and prickly sticks - holding my head in my hands. I will fix your broken heart my Astrid, I swore on my fathers grave, I will make her mine again...

JUST EDITED IT! SOUNDS KIND OF BETTER NOW, YOU THINK? YEAH, I'M KIND OF A GRAMMAR NAZI AND A LOT OF THIS SEEMED TO BE IN MIXED TENSES SO IVE JUST SORTED IT. ANY MISTAKES I'VE MISSED? JUST LET ME KNOW!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!