Chapter Twenty-Eight: Propose

Enjoyyy! And yes, the title is really what it sees like ☺️

Diaval's P.O.V

I needed to calm Freya down. After she read the letter, she was freaking out. I pulled her in another tight hug. "What if he finds me, and kills the baby again? What if he kills me?" She cried. "I won't let him touch you bumble bee. I would never let him touch you." I said protective. I felt her calm down a little. "I'm so scared Diaval." She said sobbing. "Don't worry Freya." I said stroking her hair. We sat by the fire for a couple hours. "Should we go to bed?" I said. Freya nodded. She was already tired. She slowly drifted away. "Oh no, not yet!" I said. I carried her bridal style through the corridors. Wow, when you're tired, it's like the corridors became longer. I finally reached our room and laid her under the covers. I changed into my pajama shirt and crawled under the covers myself.

---

I woke up by knocking on the door. I looked to Freya, who laid peacefully asleep. I stood up and walked to the bedroom door. I opened the door. "Hello Levi." I said annoyed. "Missed me?" He asked before pulling a knife. I backed away. "No." I said and tried to push the door close, but I almost had no power. Levi pushed past me and walked over to the bed. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Walking." Levi said. I rolled my eyes. "Why are you here?" I asked. "To finish what I started. You know, when I heard Freya had a baby in her stomach again, I became jealous. Again. The fact that she is carrying your child made me jealous. She must carry my child, not yours. You're a douche Diaval. A raven doesn't deserve a family." He spat. Ouch. "Okay." I said as calm as possible. But I was a raging fire. Ready to burn everyone who comes on my path. "Okay? Okay." Levi said before stabbing Freya in her stomach. "NO!" I yelled and I rushed to her. I tried to punch Levi, but I wen't straight through him. He stabbed her multiple times. She stopped breathing. I stopped breathing.

---

I woke up covered in sweat. "Diaval?" Freya mumbled next to me. I sighed in release. I pulled her into a tight hug. "God, you're alive!" I sighed. "W-What?" She asked. "Nothing, never mind." I said. I didn't want to tell her about my nightmare. I didn't want to worry her. "Just go to sleep Diaval. I'm here. Don't worry." She said and I smiled. I released her and she laid back on the mattress. I wrapped my arm around her waist. "Freya?" I asked. No response. "I don't care if you're asleep or not, I just wanted to ask. Will you marry me?" I asked. No response. "Good night." I said before drifting back into a deep sleep.

"Wakey wakey!" Freya yelled. I groaned and rolled to me right side. Freya sat on the edge of the bed. "What time is it?" I asked. "With the stand of the sun, nine o'clock." She said. "Do I have to wake up?" I asked. Freya laughed. Yes you have to! Breakfast." She said and she stood up. "Were are you going?" I asked. "Eating, duh." She said. "Wait!" I said and I jumped out of the bed. I put on my sweat pants and rushed to her side. "Eating together." I wrapped an arm around her waist. We walked together through the corridor. "Did you hear what I said last night?" I asked. Freya shook her head. "What did you say?" She asked. "No, never mind. I want to take you with me for a pick nick, if you'd like." I asked. "Sure! I'll get dressed after breakfast." She said. "No! I mean, give me some time to set everything. Meet me by the field at three okay?" I asked. "Sure!"

After breakfast.

"Okay, meet you in three." Freya said and she walked back to her room. Okay now it is my time. Looking at the sun, it is now eleven o'clock. Four hours to set everything straight. I rushed to the guard. "Can someone come with me to the village? Who is married?" I asked. "I am sir." A tall man stepped forward. "Good, I need you to help me. I want to propose to Freya, but I've never done this before. Please help me!" I begged. The guard laughed. "Sure sir. Just let me change, if that is alright." He asked. I nodded. He walked away and returned without armor. "Good, lets go." I said. "Erm, sir? You should get dressed too." The guard said. "Give me a minute." I said before rushing to my room. I grabbed my old T-Shirt and jeans and my black coat. I changed myself and ran back. "Time to go." I said.