Chapter twenty-one

Zendaya’s P.O.V.

Gatson started Diva and my body started dancing. It went really well. But then I saw Dnay walking up to me, which made me nervous. “Look at that,” she said pointing behind me. I turned around during the dance and I fell. That’s when everybody started laughing and I jumped up and ran away.

I woke up taking a deep breath while sitting straight up. Everywhere on my body was sweat. “What’s wrong, baby?” Trevor asked me as he woke up since he slept with his arms around me. Trevor sat up, looking in my eyes. I started crying. Trevor was concerned about me and hugged me, trying to comfort me. “Don’t you remember?” I asked not hugging Trevor back. “Remember what, baby?” he asked as he hugged me tighter. I just kept crying. Trevor waited for me to answer, but he decided to let my cry first. “I, I…I,” I said. “Shhh,” Trevor said. “Talk to me when you’re ready to talk,” he continued.

“Yesterday, at the rehearsals…Dnay was being arrogant towards me. I fell and everyone laughed at me. You were there. I can’t believe you don’t remember,” I said crying again. I can’t believe Trevor doesn’t remember what happened. I’m so mad at everyone right now. “Zendaya-” Trevor started. “I don’t wanna hear it,” I said. “But-” he tried. “Stop, Trevor,” I said. Trevor walked away and a few seconds later he came back with paper and a pen. He went to the desk and wrote. Once he was done he pulled up the paper as I read what it said.

Baby, rehearsals start today.

You probably had a bad dream.

I think you’re just nervous, but don’t be,

because you’re very talented

and you deserve to be here.

I fell back rolling my eyes. “You don’t believe me?” Trevor asked. I didn’t answer. “Check your phone,” he continued and then walked out of the room mad.

Trevor’s P.O.V.

I can’t believe Zendaya doesn’t believe me. I wanted to give her some space so I walked out of the room. I paced in front of the door as Beyoncé passed by. “Hi Trevor,” she said with a smile. I replied with just a smile. “Are you okay?” she asked, obviously feeling I was a bit stressed. “I am…but I don’t think Zendaya is,” I replied. “What happened?” Beyoncé asked being just as concerned as me. “She woke up this morning, crying and being mad at me. I asked her what’s wrong. She said that Dnay was arrogant towards her and when she fell, everyone laughed at her,” I said. Beyoncé looked confused. “Oh, and I forgot to mention that she said that that happened yesterday, at rehearsals. I told her it was a dream, but she doesn’t believe me. When I told her to check her phone, I walked out of the room to give her some space. But I’ll get back in there soon,” I said. “Dnay is super sweet and also a very good dancer. I think Zendaya is just nervous about today. When we get into rehearsals she’ll notice that it didn’t really happen. Everything will be fine,” Beyoncé said giving me a hug.

Zendaya’s P.O.V.

A few seconds after Trevor left, I grabbed my phone. Considering he told me to check it. When I unlocked my phone it said:

7:37 AM

Sunday, June 30

June 30. Last concert was in Las Vegas at…what was the date again? Why is thinking so hard to do in the morning? I grabbed my phone again and went to Wikipedia. It says Beyoncé’s last concert was at June 29th. So I guess Trevor must be right. Ugh, I feel so stupid at the moment. I hope he can forgive me.

---

PERSONAL NOTES!

Just for your information. I LOVE DNAY! Not so much in Zendaya’s dream, but this is a fictional story, you guys!