Chapter eight

Zendaya’s P.O.V.

In the car I realized that we were close to my favorite ice cream shop Häagen-Dazs. I wondered if he would stop there. He did. He told me to stay inside of the car and that he would be back after a few minutes. He ran back to the car, I guess he was hurried. He gave me my ice cream and drove away. “So, why are you in a rush?” I asked him while staring at my ice cream like I was in love with it. “You’ll find out,” he said mysteriously. “Okay, well, how does it come that you got that ice cream so quickly? I usually have to wait in a long line.” “Oh, I ordered it,” he told me. I was shocked. “Can you order here? Since when? I didn’t know that! I have to do that from now on!” He looked at me with a smile and then laughed.

Trevor started the car and drove away from the Häagen-Dazs shop. He then drove us to a beautiful restaurant. My stomach hurted, but not because I was hungry. Probably because I was nervous for what was about to happen. After me and Trevor had a beautiful dinner, I didn’t feel like this was better than watching Beyoncé live – even though I couldn’t be there physically. He looked at his wrist where his watch was. I didn’t bring my watch, ‘cause I didn’t thought I needed it, since I wasn’t planning on leaving the house. So instead I was about to take my phone to see what time it was, but I figured that wouldn’t be very nice to do, so I asked Trevor about the time. “It’s 6:30,” he said smiling. “Time to go,” he said while he stood up to help me get out of my chair.

We were in the car for about 5 minutes and I started to notice we were not going near my house. We neither went to his house. Where were we going to? Trevor told me to close my eyes, I didn’t know why, but I did what he told me to do. We didn’t say anything when we were in the car, I guess we were both quite nervous. Once the car stopped I asked him if I could open my eyes. “No, wait a few minutes please.” I heard Trevor open my door. He put something on my neck, I guess it was a big necklace or something. He then grabbed my hand, pecked my cheek and lead me inside. I had no clue where we were, but I felt like people were staring at me, because my eyes were closed and my boyfriend was leading me. Though I didn’t open my eyes.

I felt we were in an elevator, so I asked if I could open my eyes. I couldn’t see where we were just by an elevator! He told me I couldn’t open my eyes so I still kept them shut. I almost fell though, because we were in a moving elevator and I only held Trevor’s hand. When I searched for the handrail I felt someone standing behind me, but then stepped away. I knew it wasn’t Trevor, because he was standing next to me.

Once the elevator finally stopped we started walking again, but I was a bit out of balance this time, so Trevor embraced me while we walked. Once we stopped Trevor told me to open my eyes. When I opened them, I looked around to see where we were. My feelings said I was in a dressing room, but I didn’t know why.

Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder from behind. It couldn’t be Trevor, ‘cause his hands were still around me. When I turned around….