Chapter thirteen

Zendaya’s P.O.V.

Suddenly Beyoncé tried to let go of our hug that lasted like it seemed forever, but I held onto her. “I gotta ask you something,” Beyoncé said seriously. I let go of her and stood right in front of her. Bey noticed my eyes were wet and wiped my ‘almost’ tears away. She grabbed my hands and I was so nervous. I was so scared of what she was about to ask me. Even though I usually think about the positive things, I prepared for the worst. It’s okay if she doesn’t like you and asks you to leave, it isn’t the end of the world, I told myself. Though when I thought of that, I felt tears coming up.

Beyoncé looked into my eyes and noticed my scared look. “What’s wrong, Z?” she asked me. “Nothing, really…it’s just…it’s getting late and I…I really don’t wanna leave,” I said. “Don’t worry about that right now, I have a question for you,” Bey said. She looked into my eyes again and still held my hands. “Do you wanna dance with me on my tour?” Beyoncé asked smiling. My eyes widened and Trevor was close enough to catch me when I almost fell out of excitement. “Oh my God, are you serious?!” I asked, well, yelled at her while jumping. I was lucky that Trevor held my hips while I was jumping, because I almost fell another time.

“I think we should sit down before you’ll fall again,” Trevor said. Beyoncé nodded, and Trev escorted me to the couch. Beyoncé grabbed a chair and put it in front of the couch, so that she could face me. Trevor sat next to me and put his arm around me. He looked at me with both a happy and sad face. “What’s wrong?” I asked him cupping his face. “I’m so happy Beyoncé asked you to dance in her tour, I really am and I really think you should do it…it’s been a huge dream and it’s coming true. It’s just…the tour will last at least half a year, probably a whole year or even longer and I’m gonna miss you so much,” he said getting teary eyed. “We can call, Skype and all that good stuff. You know I’ll miss you too, like, to death, but it’ll be worth it,” I said kissing his lips and nose. Trevor pulled me into a tight hug while he whispered, “I love you.” “I love you too,” I replied. “You’re the love of my life,” he whispered into my ear. I was getting teary eyed as well and I was speechless.

We were sitting there, holding each other tight…so tight that our hearts collided (1). Beyoncé was watching us all the time and she smiled. Probably because we were being cute again. Beyoncé is so sweet, she didn’t interrupt us all those minutes we spent hugging and whispering sweet things in each other’s ears. When we pulled out of the hug I lied my head on Trevor’s shoulder while looking at Beyoncé. “I don’t know what to do,” I complained. “I wanna go on tour with you so bad, but even though we have Skype and all that, I don’t wanna leave him,” I said. “I can understand that, I know the feeling too.” “Can I think about this for awhile?” I asked. “Of course you can,” Beyoncé said. “You know what?” Beyoncé started. “I’ll just give you two VIP tickets for the concert of tomorrow in Las Vegas and for July 1st, which is over here again. Maybe we can discuss things before or after the shows,” she said grabbing her bag and handing us four tickets. “Thank you so much,” I said standing up and giving Beyoncé a hug. Trevor also gave her a hug and thanked her as well. “Well, Staples Center is closing in half an hour, so I guess it’s time for all of us to leave,” Beyoncé said. “What? The show stopped like what? Half an hour ago,” I said. “No sweetheart, it’s been three hours ago. Time flies when you’re around people you love,” Beyoncé said. I was sitting there being speechless and just smiling at Beyoncé and Trevor.

When we were outside of Staples Center we gave Beyoncé and her crew huge hugs and we drove to Trevor’s house. In the car I texted my parents that I would sleep over at Trevor’s. I didn’t need to go home first to get my stuff ‘cause I sleep over at his house a lot, so we decided to have some of my stuff at his house. Once we arrived Trevor opened the car door for me, held my hand and guided me to his porch where he opened the door. He let me in first and I dropped myself on the couch. Trevor closed the door and sat right next to me with his arm around me. “I know I can’t thank you enough, Trevor, but I’m trying to anyways…thank you so so so so so much for this amazing day! I would never ever in years have thought that I would meet Beyoncé, let alone hang out with her with you by my side. This means so much to me, I can’t even explain it,” I said gazing into his eyes. Trevor smiled at me, leaned in and kissed me passionately.

When we parted we stared in each other’s eyes and I could see Trevor was kind of upset. I immediately knew what was wrong. “Look Trevor, I haven’t made my decision yet and I really don’t want you to be upset right now…you know I can’t stand it when you’re upset,” I whispered cupping his face. He looked down and I let go of his face. I knew he was thinking of what he should say. “I really think you should go on tour with Beyoncé, but I will miss you so much and what if you’re getting a huge career after this? What will that do to our relationship? You will be rehearsing and performing and I will be busy with school. Will we even have time to see each other?” Trevor said. “I will always, always, always love you more than anyone or anything. I don’t want someone else in my life because you are the one for me. Me and you belong (2), we are perfect for each other and no matter what happens, I know our love is strong enough to keep alive. I know that what we have is worth first place in gold (3). Please understand that I’ll always love you so so so so so much!” I said hugging him. It seemed like I cheered him up a bit, which made me happy as well.

“Now, it’s getting late. We should go to bed,” I said grabbing his hand leading us to his bedroom which had two beds. One for him and one for me. He laid down on his bed and I laid next to him, I didn’t want to sleep in my bed, Trevor’s is way more warm plus I get to cuddle with him all night. I get to cuddle with the love of my life all night.

---

NOTES!

(1) = Only When You’re Close by Zendaya

[Hold me tight

So tight that our hearts collide]

(2) = Smash Into You by Beyoncé

[And me and you belong]

(3) = Smash Into You by Beyoncé

[‘Cause I know that what we have is worth first place in gold]