Chapter five

Zendaya’s P.O.V.

It was Friday and I didn’t get a letter from Staples Center yet. I was so extremely nervous. I waited for what seemed like hours. I decided to put on Fine China by Chris Brown and I danced to it until a mail popped up. I didn’t want to know the answer, but I was so curious. I just had to know. I waited a few minutes, took a deep breath and then opened the mail.

---

From: beyoncecontest@staplescenter.com (1)

To: zendayamc@disneychannel.com (2)

Subject: Beyoncé contest info

Dear contestant,

We will reveal the winner within a few minutes. The winner will get two tickets to Beyoncé’s sold out concert on Friday June 28th in Staples Center, LA. The runner-up will get a manicure, pedicure, massage and will get ready to watch Beyoncé’s concert live on screen, so that you can still see her perform.

Good luck and we hope to see you at Staples Center,

The Staples Center Team

The Pepsi Team

---

Oh no, now I have to wait again. I can’t take this any longer. This creeps me out and I laid on my bed. Waiting to get another mail. This is so boring. Where’s my iPhone? I need to jam right now. Where is it? Oh there it is, right under my pillow. Hmmm, what song shall I play? I can’t decide. I’ll just put it on shuffle. Oh, it plays Heart Attack by Demi Lovato. I love that song and I love Demi. She’s an inspiration to me and she told me that when I had an issue I could always call her and ask her for advice. She’s such a sweetheart.

I went downstairs to get some Vitamin Water, but when I came back Midnight laid on my bed. He’s so cute. I cuddled him until I heard a peep. It was a mail from Staples Center. I was even more nervous than the first time I opened the mail.

---

From: beyonceconcert@staplescenter.com (1)

To: zendayamc@disneychannel.com (2)

Subject: Beyoncé contest WINNER REVEAL

Zendaya,

We’re really sorry to tell you that you didn’t win. You did get the most points, but someone else was picked out of the two of you. You might have seen that you are the runner-up, so you won the manicure, pedicure and massage. We didn’t notice that there will also be a (hair-)stylist and a make-up artist for you. You will receive the username and password to Skype on June 28th so that you’re still able to watch the concert live.

Enjoy your night,

The Staples Center Team

The Pepsi Team

---

My heart stopped beating for a few seconds. Why does this happen to me? I’m 120% sure I did everything right. I can’t believe I didn’t win. Now I have to wait for at least two years until Beyoncé does another world tour. This was my dream since I was born and it has just crushed. It felt like I’ve been beaten down, but I have to be strong. Like Demi always says: Stay Strong.

---

NOTES!

(1) = made up for this story, fake.

(2) = made up for this story, fake.