Chapter twelve

Zendaya’s P.O.V.

When people left Staples Center, I stayed in the Bey Stage. Suddenly Ashley stood behind me. I hugged her and told her how super the show was. Ashley then brought us backstage. Yay! My amazing day wasn’t over yet. I spotted Beyoncé who walked to her dressing room. “Wait a minute, please,” I said to Trevor and Ashley and I ran over to Bey to hug her. “Oh my God, are you okay?” I asked concerned. “Oh, hey Zendaya,” Beyoncé said, making me nervous. “Yes, I’m fine, I guess,” she replied with a smile on my face. “It wasn’t that great in the moment, but actually I find it quite funny now I think about it,” she laughed. I knew she was okay. “Wait a second, please,” I told Beyoncé and motioned to Trevor and Ashley to come. We went to Beyoncé’s dressing room and got some water. Suddenly I said; “Okay, I need an explanation,” I said seriously while looking at Trevor and then at Beyoncé. “…please,” I said, making them laugh. “Yeah, you owe us one,” Trevor said.

Suddenly the door opened and I saw my best friend Dominique. “DOM!” I yelled out of excitement. I ran towards her and hugged her tight. Then I went to my seat and Dominique sat next to me. “Beyoncé, this is Dominique. Dominique, this is Beyoncé, but you knew that of course,” I said. “I didn’t,” she said with a serious look on her face. Everyone had this ‘are you serious’-look on their face and Dominique started laughing. “I’m just kidding, y’all, of course I know her,” she said, which was kinda relieving for all of us. “Zendaya and I have been Bumble Beys forever,” Dominique explained. I nodded and then said. “But um, can I get my explanation TODAY?” I asked making everyone laugh. “So…” Trevor started. “When you didn’t get the tickets, Dominique came up with a plan to surprise you, I hope you liked it,” I stared at him and said; “This day couldn’t get any better, thank you,” I said pecking Trevor’s lips. Everyone had this ‘awwww’-look on their face which made me blush. “Stop it,” I said.

“But how?” I asked. “Well, Dominique got a new job,” Trevor said. I glared at Dominique. “Why didn’t you tell me you had a new job? I’m your best friend and you didn’t even tell me you had a new job? I thought we told each other everything,” I said getting a bit mad at her. “Wow, wow, wow, calm down, I thought you wanted to know everything,” Dominique said. I saw that Beyoncé laughed at me because I was getting mad. “Yeah, sorry I got mad, Dom. I guess this situation makes me nervous,” I said with a smile. Dominique smiled back at me.

“So where’s your new job?” I asked her. “Here at Staples Center,” she said, which shocked me. “It was my idea to do a contest. My boss liked the idea, then he asked Beyoncé if she liked it and she did. My boss was so excited about my idea that he told me to make the test. I knew you would enter, and you would’ve answered all of them perfectly.  So I told Trevor to enter, so that you two could go together, as a surprise for you. He liked it and I gave him all the answers. When a fellow Staples Center employee checked the answers, you two were the winners. Before the contest started I told Trevor to write with a pen with a bright color which you could easily see through the back of the paper. I was doing the drawing and I picked Trevor’s, ‘cause I noticed the bright colors on the paper,” Dominique explained.

By the time she was done my eyes were wet. So that must be the reason why they were so close lately. I couldn’t believe that these two did so much for me. I’m so extremely happy that I’ve got these two people in my life. I feel like I owe them something. “Wow, you did all of this, just to make me happy?” I asked. “I owe you something BIG!” I yelled because I was extremely happy. “No, you don’t,” they said at the same time. “Yes, I do,” I said.

“Thank you soooooooooooo much, I can’t believe you did this for me!” I said hugging Trevor and Dominique tight. “I don’t know what I’d do without you two,” I said.

I stood up and walked to Beyoncé…well…walked? I was more shaking than walking. Trevor noticed me being shaky and nervous while walking to Bey, so he got up and helped me. Beyoncé also stood up and gave me a hug. “Thank you so incredibly much for this amazing day,” I told her while we were still hugging. “It’s unforgettable to me,” I said. “It’s unforgettable to me as well,” Beyoncé said. “You’re an amazing girl, Zendaya,” each time I heard Beyoncé say my name I gasped. I still can’t believe my idol talked to me. Let alone that Beyoncé knew my name. Bey noticed how shocked I was when she said my name and hugged me tighter. “Don’t be shocked when I say your name,” she said laughing. “I’ll try,” I said trying to hold my tears. I didn’t want this day to be over yet, I wanna stay here with Bey, Trev and Dom!

Suddenly Beyoncé tried to let go of our hug that lasted like it seemed forever, but I held onto her. “I gotta ask you something,” Beyoncé said seriously. I let go of her and stood right in front of her. Bey noticed my eyes were wet and wiped my ‘almost’ tears away. She grabbed my hands and I was so nervous.